PDA

View Full Version : Slight swollen anckle

louise0501
13-12-20, 01:55
Hi there. On wednesday I went for a jog and it felt like my foot was slipping off my shoe and started to feel funny and when I got home there was a slight swelling on my anckle and it feels a bit funny when I'm walking. It's been like this for 4 days is that normal? Could it be serious?

Please reply
Love Louise xxxxxxxxxx

Scass
13-12-20, 08:41
I don’t think it will be serious, but if walking or standing on it is uncomfortable then maybe talk to a pharmacist. You could try icing it too. I’m sure it’ll be better soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

louise0501
17-12-20, 23:00
Hi again. My ankle still is getting swollen and can feel slightly uncomfortable to walk on. In the morning it doesnt feel to bad and by evening it feels worse. The swelling on the front of ankle has gone down but there seems to be a lump at back of ankle I'm really freaking out this could be cancer. Is this normal with an injury? How long can it take to get better. I did it just over a week ago now but I was a bit silly to go for jog after I had done it. Could that have made it worse?

Please reply
Love Louise xxxxxxxxxx

BrokenGirl
17-12-20, 23:14
A few years ago I was jogging and my ankle suddenly got very sore. I kept jogging for a few more minutes but had to stop then because of the pain. And it swelled up like a balloon.
I rested it for a while but then carried on about my business. After a few days there was no improvement to I went to my doctor who gave me anti inflammatories. I took them for a couple of days but they didn't do anything for me.
About a week or 10 days after I hurt it I ended up in A&E. They x-rayed me, said nothing was broken, gave me crutches and sent me on my way. It was only after a few days of using the crutches that it started to improve. So the only way my ankle was able to get better was to completely rest it and not walk on it.
It's quite possible yours might be the same. Rest it as much as you can and try not to walk on it to see if there's any improvement xx