PDA

View Full Version : Ectopics?

sagey
31-10-07, 15:11
I've seen ectopics mentioned in quite a few threads since I joined this community but I'm not sure what they are. i'm wondering if they are the heart beat irregularities that i get when it feels as though my heart does a triple thump and feels like a ball bouncing off a wall in my chest. sometimes it's just one bounce and sometimes four. Can anyone enlighten me please. By the way, they seem to happen mostly when I'm lying down.

nomorepanic
31-10-07, 17:19
Hi there

Try these ...

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/NMPcms.php?nmppage=palpitations

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7784

sagey
01-11-07, 11:04
Thanks Nicola. I've had a read and find I understand it more now.

angiebaby
01-11-07, 14:40
Yes it sounds like you may be having ectopic beats, i have been having them now for 12 years. They drive me nuts.

matti
07-11-07, 17:49
Yes sounds like ectopics. I have had mine for about 10 years now and they still cause me to worry etc but im still here :o) Hope you have found the links helpfull Love Matti

debera
07-11-07, 18:13
yes it does sound like ectopics. i have had mine now for two years.
debera

looking4answers
12-11-07, 05:26
Although its been said many times and many ways here.Ectopics are normal.

Normal for healthy people, normal for anxious people and normal for most normal people.

I have had them since I can remember and well im 53 now. I still get them daily . I feel my heart doing the cha cha and my heart skipping beats every time that I do this and that.

I have been told many times that im normal ,my heart is normal and most of all I have been told by many doctors and nurses that everyone gets these.Some notice others do not ,some notice sometimes and others notice every little one.

Every ones heart is different..People worry.I know I have in the past until i truly understood what the words practicing medicine means..

Practicing medicine means..just that.They are practicing..I dont have it perfect or they would be preforming medicine..General practioners or GPS or medical doctors have learned that although at first thought ..Everyone's bodies preform exactly the same.

Not true.Some people have afflictions that would kill others and others have minor things wrong that wouldn't affect others and they die from it.."Im not saying this to scare you but to bring to reality what is and what maybe.

First of all my heart has a mumur. I wasn't even aware of that until recently .
I heard it and it sound odd like a clunking and misbeat although the doctor said it was nothing . I found that everyone's heart makes different sounds although we have been taught that a normal heartbeat sounds this way or that..not so.

We have in mind that our hearts should make perfect beats and never make adjustments and be a mechnical perfect thing..Not so. Our hearts are wonderful things.They have a built in adjuster. Something that makes our pulse go up and down for the demands of our bodies .An ajuster that makes the beat speed up or down or perhaps skip a beat to make it get in the right beat.

Nothing really to worry about ,your heart is just doing what it is suppose to.Anxious people tend to focus more on their hearts.People that are too busy to focus don't notice nor fret and just keep doing what is normal for them. Doctors are for the general body and they can in fact ward off somethings and fix others but sometimes they are wrong.

I have known in my life people that have defied what the doctors said and just kept going.Some was mental or physical others was just plain stubborness to give in .. some was ....well what it was. Doctors do the best they can but sometimes they have no clues nor does anyone really know what is normal nor not normal.

Example. 12 years ago my wife went to the doctor and was told she had two months to live.She had terminal cancer. She went home got things ready for her demise and then went back to the doctor about two months later. Imagaine to their surprize that when she went back they found no trace of cancer.Mistake ? Hardley .Just mental I suppose.

14 years ago our daughter was found to be in the dying stages of cancer at 15 years old..The doctors told us she would die. Three years later. She was cancer free and now has a beautful child and she is healthy. Only suffers from the damage that was done from radiation and chemo over those three years but very much alive and healthy and child as well.Odd since they told her she would never have a child.

Another example ...a friend 68 years old lives a pretty normal life in mexico.Goes to the opera every week, goes and visits friends and does pretty much whats she wants to.She was told years ago that she had aorta regurgiation. I think that is spelled correctly.Says her heart sounds like a washing machine..Slow her down? Not for a moment. My dad born in 1915 had a bad heart .Family was told never to upset him nor let him cry .

Spoiled to death and did pretty much what he wanted to do .Lived to 79 had heart trouble all his life but lived till he died..Ectopics..Wish I had an answer for you .. but I can just about tell you they aren't going to kill you .

You can't sit in a dark corner and avoid life because your heart skips a beat.If I had I would still be sitting in one since I was a child.I have had a pretty much amazing life and you will too..Just realize that most people have that and many of us feel them like your chest if going to bust.

I feel them bouncing up into my arteries in my neck and could vary well be backwards wash of blood or a hardening of the arteries but do I let it stop me from picking up bales of hay and feeding the horses.Do I let it stop me from doing all the physcial things I want to do ..NO..My best advice to you is to keep on keeping on no matter what.

When you find that you are worried about the heart skipping remember its normal. Its adjusting..Keep doing whatever you were doing and don't stop..Later you will find you didn't die and you feel better than ever. You beat it. and you kept going and to your amazement you are still alive.

:-) Remember too that everyone's heart is different just like ever motor that ever was made makes just a little different sound although generally speaking they are all the same.Everyone is different ,their bodies ,their minds ,their whole makeup ..and remember what you feel is pretty normal.Just let it go and it will go.Sooner or later you will have less and less and then one day you will forget you ever had them. Good luck and take care

looking4answers
12-11-07, 05:33
Although its been said many times and many ways here.Ectopics are normal.

Normal for healthy people, normal for anxious people and normal for most normal people.

I have had them since I can remember and well im 53 now. I still get them daily . I feel my heart doing the cha cha and my heart skipping beats every time that I do this and that.

I have been told many times that im normal ,my heart is normal and most of all I have been told by many doctors and nurses that everyone gets these.Some notice others do not ,some notice sometimes and others notice every little one.

Every ones heart is different..People worry.I know I have in the past until i truly understood what the words practicing medicine means..

Practicing medicine means..just that.They are practicing..I dont have it perfect or they would be preforming medicine..General practioners or GPS or medical doctors have learned that although at first thought ..Everyone's bodies preform exactly the same.

Not true.Some people have afflictions that would kill others and others have minor things wrong that wouldn't affect others and they die from it.."Im not saying this to scare you but to bring to reality what is and what maybe.

First of all my heart has a mumur. I wasn't even aware of that until recently .
I heard it and it sound odd like a clunking and misbeat although the doctor said it was nothing . I found that everyone's heart makes different sounds although we have been taught that a normal heartbeat sounds this way or that..not so.

We have in mind that our hearts should make perfect beats and never make adjustments and be a mechnical perfect thing..Not so. Our hearts are wonderful things.They have a built in adjuster. Something that makes our pulse go up and down for the demands of our bodies .An ajuster that makes the beat speed up or down or perhaps skip a beat to make it get in the right beat.

Nothing really to worry about ,your heart is just doing what it is suppose to.Anxious people tend to focus more on their hearts.People that are too busy to focus don't notice nor fret and just keep doing what is normal for them. Doctors are for the general body and they can in fact ward off somethings and fix others but sometimes they are wrong.

I have known in my life people that have defied what the doctors said and just kept going.Some was mental or physical others was just plain stubborness to give in .. some was ....well what it was. Doctors do the best they can but sometimes they have no clues nor does anyone really know what is normal nor not normal.

Example. 12 years ago my wife went to the doctor and was told she had two months to live.She had terminal cancer. She went home got things ready for her demise and then went back to the doctor about two months later. Imagaine to their surprize that when she went back they found no trace of cancer.Mistake ? Hardley .Just mental I suppose.

14 years ago our daughter was found to be in the dying stages of cancer at 15 years old..The doctors told us she would die. Three years later. She was cancer free and now has a beautful child and she is healthy. Only suffers from the damage that was done from radiation and chemo over those three years but very much alive and healthy and child as well.Odd since they told her she would never have a child.

Another example ...a friend 68 years old lives a pretty normal life in mexico.Goes to the opera every week, goes and visits friends and does pretty much whats she wants to.She was told years ago that she had aorta regurgiation. I think that is spelled correctly.Says her heart sounds like a washing machine..Slow her down? Not for a moment. My dad born in 1915 had a bad heart .Family was told never to upset him nor let him cry .

Spoiled to death and did pretty much what he wanted to do .Lived to 79 had heart trouble all his life but lived till he died..Ectopics..Wish I had an answer for you .. but I can just about tell you they aren't going to kill you .

You can't sit in a dark corner and avoid life because your heart skips a beat.If I had I would still be sitting in one since I was a child.I have had a pretty much amazing life and you will too..Just realize that most people have that and many of us feel them like your chest if going to bust.

I feel them bouncing up into my arteries in my neck and could vary well be backwards wash of blood or a hardening of the arteries but do I let it stop me from picking up bales of hay and feeding the horses.Do I let it stop me from doing all the physcial things I want to do ..NO..My best advice to you is to keep on keeping on no matter what.

When you find that you are worried about the heart skipping remember its normal. Its adjusting..Keep doing whatever you were doing and don't stop..Later you will find you didn't die and you feel better than ever. You beat it. and you kept going and to your amazement you are still alive.

:-) Remember too that everyone's heart is different just like ever motor that ever was made makes just a little different sound although generally speaking they are all the same.Everyone is different ,their bodies ,their minds ,their whole makeup ..and remember what you feel is pretty normal.Just let it go and it will go.Sooner or later you will have less and less and then one day you will forget you ever had them. Good luck and take care

sagey
12-11-07, 11:27
Thanks everyone. Mine don't frighten me that much any more. It's good to have reassurance and some understanding of what is happening, plus everything I read here.

lin
13-11-07, 12:43
Hi Sagey

I've had ectopics for 7yrs now at first they worried me such alot but now i may get the odd one or two every day. When i'm worried about things i tend to get them alot they can be frightening, i have now had to just cope with them as i know they wont go away. There are so many people wth them as you have read on the posts so i hope you feel a bit more at ease with them.

linda xx

spidergrrl
13-11-07, 20:07
I have ectopics very rarely and they seem to only happen when I'm thinking about them (of course).

I think most of our body systems have the equivalent of ectopics, it's just that we worry so much about our hearts and heart attacks that we really notice those.

If I think about it, I've had stomach upsets that were absolutely horrible and had they been an equivalent chest problem, I would have been convinced I was dying right that second. But the stomach problem either never recurred or recurred once or twice and always with complete return to normalcy. It's the same with menstruation; if I have a funny period and then return to normal, then have a funny period again eight months later, I tend to think it's just a blip. But with our hearts and with as much attention as is being paid attention to heart disease and heart attack (particularly women having to hear over and over again that they're not even going to know they're having one and making them think they're going to keel over and die any second), we worry more about those blips.

As others have said, we're all different. I guess everybody's blips are different, too. :)