PDA

View Full Version : Introducing myself.

micos5
31-10-07, 14:11
Hello,

I'm so glad I found this website. I've been suffering from social phobia/anxiety/panic attacks for years. My stress levels over the years have escalated so much that I find it very hard to control them. It's so bad now that I can't work and find it hard to cope with the smallest things. The worst thing about all the symptoms is the profuse facial sweating. It happens 99% of the time (even on the coldest day) whenever I have any type of social interaction. It's very embarrassing, upsetting and isolating, and has brought my life virtually to a standstill. I've tried everything but to no avail. I hope this site will help me, and stop me feeling so hopeless and alone.

trac67
31-10-07, 14:17
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx

Lindalou64
31-10-07, 14:18
HELLO MICO AND WELCOME TO THE SITE.......LINDA

Nibbles
31-10-07, 14:57
Hi micos5 and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike :)

nanny
31-10-07, 15:22
A BIG WELCOME TO NMP
were'always here for you
:hugs: :hugs:

nomorepanic
31-10-07, 16:07
Hi Mico

:welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

Believe
31-10-07, 16:09
Hello Mico

Welcome abroad. Hope you enjoy your stay. You will find lots of great advice here.

Take Care
Believe

I Believe That We All Will Get Better!

honeybee3939
31-10-07, 18:48
Hi Mico

Welcome to NMP, its lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice, support and make new friends too.:)

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

groovygranny
31-10-07, 21:39
Hello Mico:welcome:to you!

No need to feel helpless and alone now - you'll find plenty of help and support here.

I sympathise with your symptoms - although I have never experienced the facial sweating, I suffer from extreme neck and face redness when in certain situations. It's a right pain isn't it?

Pleased to meet you!

:)

Quiet-Lift
31-10-07, 23:31
Hello Mico and welcome...

You are not alone with the facial sweating. I've been getting this myself over recent days and it's most uncomfortable. I have to carry tissues or a roll of kitchen towel with me.

I know that it is my anxiety and panic attacks which cause this but it may also be a side - effect of medication. I don't know if you take any medication but it may be a factor if you do.

I hope you get what you need from this site.

Take care

Southern_Belle
01-11-07, 00:19
Hi Mico,

Welcome to NMP. You will find many here will feel exactly like you do and will get tons of support.

Hugs,

Laura

chucklehound
01-11-07, 09:31
welcome to nmp:)

micos5
06-11-07, 17:13
Hi everyone,

Many thanks for the friendly welcome and kind words. I'm glad that I've finally found others who understand.

micos5.

Elly 2
06-11-07, 17:30
HI mico, welcome to the site, it has been such a big help to me and I'm sure you will find lots of very useful and reassuring info here, you make lots of friends too which is so good when you're feeling lonely. Big hugs Elly x