PDA

View Full Version : one tonsil bigger than the other

muffin2311
15-12-20, 19:20
Hi all,
For context, I am a 20-year-old female. My right tonsil is noticeably bigger than the left one; I don't know how long it has been like this but I think I first noticed it when I was about 16/17. Fast forward to now, I have developed a swollen gland in my neck, right under my jaw. It's firm but not tender. I also have a few along the side of my neck. The tonsil that is normally bigger has enlarged a bit and it's very painful. There is also some white/yellow pus or something on it. I should probably mention that the glands swelled before the tonsil got sore. Apologies for being so graphic!!! Anyways, I went to the doc today, been put on penicillin. She wants to refer me to an ENT because one of my tonsils is bigger. My fear is that it is tonsil cancer or lymphoma that has now spread. Can anyone help alleviate these fears!? I am going back to her on thursday. I have health anxiety/carcinophobia so I just had a panic attack about half an hour ago over this.. someone please help me :weep:

nomorepanic
15-12-20, 20:07
We have a lot of posts about this so search for "one tonsil bigger" and you will see them or scroll down and read "similar threads"