PDA

View Full Version : general anxiety

sue447
05-02-05, 17:18
hi everyone, just letting u know ive had quite a good day today even at work! does anyone know if pms can make symptoms of anxiety worse if so how do you overcome this

Rennie1989
05-02-05, 17:38
pms???? sorry im not awake today, lol

Scooter Girl AKA Jade

sue447
05-02-05, 18:12
hi scooter girl, pms is pre menstal syndrome

sue447
05-02-05, 18:20
hi again scooter girl, sorry about spelling, what i ment to say was pre menstral tension

kt
05-02-05, 18:51
Hi Sue,
I am nearly always worse around that time. I find the day before is usually the hardest to cope with. I don't really know how you can get through this any easier, I try to remind myself why I feel bad again and reassure myself that that is the reason. I was going to post the exact same topic. Good luck, KT

Be gentle and you will need no strength, be patient and you will achieve all things.

bluebottle
05-02-05, 19:50
sue447,

Just out of interest, have you been tested for the menopause?

Regards,

Blue

vernon
05-02-05, 21:49
hi, I am a male but would think it would. I know it used to make my wife snappy when normaly she is so pleasant. tc Vernon

Meg
05-02-05, 23:03
Yes Sue - Being Pre menstrual can have a great effect on anxiety-2-3 days can be affected .

Ensure you're eaten and tried to sleep extra well. Omega 3 supplements/ Evening Primrose oil can help but exercise is brilliant at this time.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

bethyboo
06-02-05, 12:21
hello , i put my first posting on this site yesterday have had a rough couple of weeks after having a panic attac at work. my first one scince coming off medication last year and it has set me back alot to say the least. i forced myself to go back and thought i was ok but the anxiety has come back with avengence last week. the week before my period. i am now at the acute stage and feel completely detatched. i have no doubt whatsover that pms has alot to do with my anxiety and tried to convince myself i would be ok when i came off (sorry for the details!) but unfortunately i am not! had a panic attac last night for no reason whatsover and called my lovely very patient freind who cam eround and sat with me for an hour. i have always had bad pmt and the symptons i get are the same as when i ahve anxiety, this time i cant seem to shake it off so after spending the morning trying my hardest to keep it together and be normal around my two little kiddiwinks i am gna admit defeat and go back to the doctors and take medication again. my freind however who suffers from similar things went on the pill and she claims it has made her mental state around her periods alot better!!!! so although i cant take the pill maybe its an answer for some others???

beth salisbury

sue447
06-02-05, 13:16
hello beth thanks for ur reply,i seem to get pmt 2 weeks before i start and it gradually gets worse towards the start of my period,especially dizzyness and tiredness, also i get more anxiety as well. i was on the mini pill for 6 years,before i came of them in june last year,my pmt grad got worse over the months thereafter,then i got caught pregnant, i didnt even feel right then ,then 8 weeks into my pregnancy,i miscarried and then of course, my anxiety and panic got a lot worse, i thought i was not going to stop bleeding,it scared me to death [nearly] hence me going to hospital, well since then ive been worrying something awfull is going to happen to me, every little bodily symptom i get i cant seem to handle it,the dizzyness is the worse, ive gone back on the mini pill now,hopefully this will help with some of the symptoms.[sorry to go on]

bethyboo
06-02-05, 16:00
lol dont worry about going on! it sounds like uve had a really horrible time as it is so its no wonder u feel the way u do! im exactly the same when it comes to periods, my ex jokes that i only have one week of the months where im normal and the other three im a raving loony. tis true though, i get anxiety and moody before i come on. the week im on i feel stressed and irritable and i only actually feel completely normla for a week, then it all starts again lol. ud think in this day and age they would ahve found a cure for pms by now as i dont believe that having pms makes me as unstable as i am but its definately a trigger. i take b6 every day which seems to help cos if i miss it for a week i get alot worse. ive tried everyhting, primrose oil, johns wort but b6 suppliments are deff the better ones. good luck with ur pill, im sure it will kick in soon and ur sypmtons (soz bad spelling) will get better. as for everyhting else that has gone on in your life recently, nature has its own weird ways of getting us through things, and some of us are less lucky than others in the way we actually deal with the things that happen. i cant say i can understand how it must have been for you but like they say, things do get better and time is the best healer. i just wish i could drum that into my own head at times lol. xxx

beth salisbury