PDA

View Full Version : Ball Of foot pain not going away

Londonlady
17-12-20, 14:45
I've had terrible pain in the ball of my foot for the past 2 weeks when I walk, I've never suffered with and pain in my feet before, it feels right where the big toe joint meets the foot, my gp has sent me for a scan but doesnt know when itll be due to covid. I've been really good and havent googled!! But felt I needed to post on here for any logical things of what it could be? It feels more line bone pain than muscle

Catalyst
19-12-20, 11:04
I had pain in the ball of my foot for a couple of months in the summer. I am fairly sure it was sesamoiditis. As it was very tender on the ball of my big toe. But I think mine was also compounded by plantar fasciitis! I could definitely feel tightness in the tendon along the bottom of my foot and it particularly hurt when I pushed off the ball of my foot when walking. Mine was a lot worse first thing in the morning. It is much better now, but I felt like it was never going to improve at one stage. Hope yours gets better quickly.

Londonlady
19-12-20, 14:14
Thanks alot for the reply, I'm 28 so foot pain seems strange to have! I looked up sesamoiditis and it really does sound the same as my symptoms. Did you ever have an ultrasound? My GP has referred me for one which makes me paranoid, not sure what they would be looking for?

AntsyVee
19-12-20, 17:51
It could also be gout. In fact, it sounds a lot like gout.

Londonlady
20-12-20, 19:58
I'm not sure about gout as it says pain in the big toe, mine is the ball of foot

Catalyst
20-12-20, 20:19
Hi! No I didn’t have a scan. I only spoke to the doctor on the phone. Id been running a bit during lockdown and I think the impact had maybe caused my problems. The doctor suggested plantar fasciitis and gave me some exercise suggestions. I came across sesamoiditis myself because my pain seemed much more focused in the ball of the big toe joint. So I don’t know for sure what my issue was but it did get better eventually with time!

Londonlady
20-12-20, 20:49
Hi! No I didn’t have a scan. I only spoke to the doctor on the phone. Id been running a bit during lockdown and I think the impact had maybe caused my problems. The doctor suggested plantar fasciitis and gave me some exercise suggestions. I came across sesamoiditis myself because my pain seemed much more focused in the ball of the big toe joint. So I don’t know for sure what my issue was but it did get better eventually with time!

Glad yours is better now! I have been walking alot but just seems abit extreme to hurt this much from walking! I've ordered myself some trainers hope it eases before my scan!

NoraB
21-12-20, 04:47
Have you changed your shoes recently?

Londonlady
21-12-20, 10:46
Have you changed your shoes recently?

No, no change which is strange, still hurting and making me anxious! :(

AntsyVee
21-12-20, 23:32
The ball of the big toe joint is where gout inflames. I'm not trying to alarm you, but it attacks joints. Plantar fasciitis you feel the pain in the heel and side of your foot (I've had that before). You can see if it's gout from a simple blood test.

Fishmanpa
21-12-20, 23:57
I have gout. Its a side effect from cancer treatment. I take medication to control it. But yes, it affects the joint of my big toe, not the ball under the toe. I've had it on both my left and right foot and the pain is excruciating TBH. The joint of my big toe swells, turns red and makes it practically impossible to wear footwear and very difficult to walk/limp. We're talking 8-9 out of 10 pain :weep:

Positive thoughts