PDA

View Full Version : In A Bad Place

Redsmum
19-12-20, 07:53
I feel so bad, nerves & anxiety making me constantly nauseous, constant shaking, i really feel like i’m losing my mind this time, can’t find any peace at all been like this for months, on 30mg citalopram doing nothing for me at all this time, maybe its gone to far this time.

pulisa
19-12-20, 08:30
No it hasn't..Redsmum but the meds obviously aren't helping and may not be suiting you. You're not losing your mind, you're suffering from a chronic anxiety state which doesn't have a time limit. Can you talk to an out of hours GP for some advice? has anyone suggested a short course of diazepam to help you through Christmas? x

Redsmum
19-12-20, 08:43
Thanks for replying pulisa, i know so many people on here have such hard lives so i shouldn’t be wingeing. I would love some more diazepam only got one left, but the dr’s where i live are so anti anything like that they just wouldn’t prescribe me anymore. The feeling of relief when i take one is brilliant & i do understand how addictive they can be but i’m just not the type of person who would constantly take them even if i had them. But i’ll see how i go today & try get through this sense of empty hopelessness i’m feeling. Take care.

Fishmanpa
19-12-20, 08:51
My daughter has been through several meds and the difficult transition of cross tapering etc. It was rough for her for a while but they found the right meds and dosage and she's doing well. Might be worth a serious discussion with your doctor.

Positive thoughts

pulisa
19-12-20, 08:53
You would obviously be responsible in how you took the diazepam so maybe it's worth a try just asking? Failing that the citalopram is doing nothing at the current dose in my opinion.

Empty hopelessness is horrible and every day becomes a complete test of endurance. Please try and speak to a doctor today? You need help and support and it's very hard to get this on your own x

Redsmum
19-12-20, 10:28
Thank you for being there pulisa & fishmanpa, i’ve got a Dr ringing me between 1pm & 2pm today so hopefully i can get it all of my chest about the way i feel & get started on some meds that work for me. Take care both.

pulisa
19-12-20, 13:51
I'm very pleased to hear that you are getting a call from a GP. You certainly need a review of your meds in my opinion and maybe this doctor won't be resistant to the diazepam option? Sometimes benzos are needed and they certainly make you feel more normal which is always such a bonus when you are really struggling x

Redsmum
19-12-20, 15:00
Hi pulisa, so i got the dr’s call & went through exactly how i’m feeling, she prescribed me 14 diazepam which will help me so much at this time as they seem to re set my mind when i take one. She suggests i swap antidepressants as they’re obviously not doing the job, she’s going to speak to my own dr on monday to let her know whats happened then my dr will ring me to sort out new medication

So all in all a productive morning & hopefully i’ll start to feel a bit better. Thanks for your time pulisa x

pulisa
19-12-20, 18:00
That's fantastic news!! Well done for getting it all out and such a blessing that you got a decent doctor who understands how diazepam has its place in anxiety management if used responsibly by responsible patients.

I hope you get some much needed respite from the symptoms and can recharge your batteries so that Christmas is enjoyable and not an endurance test x

Redsmum
19-12-20, 18:34
Thanks so much for pointing me in the right direction xx

pulisa
19-12-20, 19:29
Thanks so much for pointing me in the right direction xx

I've been there many times:) It's horribly frightening because you just feel so out of control and desperate, don't you? I'm so glad that you made some significant progress today and that a plan has been made. Sometimes you just don't know where to turn for the best..