PDA

View Full Version : What is this weird feeling post anxiety?

nianxiousguy
19-12-20, 13:26
I got over most of my GAD at the start of the year. I can now go anywhere and do anything without anxiety which is great. But I still feel kinda weird, it's hard to explain? Something just isn't 100%. I think I read there is a weird transitional phase after anxiety before total normality resumes. I also read depression is common, I don't feel depressed if anything I feel happy that I've got rid of anxiety. But as I say this weird feeling is kinda worrying. Did you go through this? How long did it last?

hlvd
19-12-20, 14:54
I got over most of my GAD at the start of the year. I can now go anywhere and do anything without anxiety which is great. But I still feel kinda weird, it's hard to explain? Something just isn't 100%. I think I read there is a weird transitional phase after anxiety before total normality resumes. I also read depression is common, I don't feel depressed if anything I feel happy that I've got rid of anxiety. But as I say this weird feeling is kinda worrying. Did you go through this? How long did it last?

Hi, how did you rid yourself of anxiety?

AntsyVee
19-12-20, 17:50
That's the thing about GAD, I don't think you ever truly get rid of it. It's just hills and valleys with it. It's about learning to manage it, not necessarily curing it.

hlvd
19-12-20, 18:31
That's the thing about GAD, I don't think you ever truly get rid of it. It's just hills and valleys with it. It's about learning to manage it, not necessarily curing it.

That's what I'm thinking, sometimes good sometimes bad, but never gone.

AntsyVee
19-12-20, 18:36
That's how it is for me, anyway. Mine has been bad this week, and my GAD has definitely been trying to bust out!