PDA

View Full Version : I want off this Rollercoaster

always scared
20-12-20, 21:20
This constant battle taking place in my head is driving me insane. I want these demons out!! I go from thinking clearly and making Christmas plans and not really worrying about all my symptoms to a sudden panic of cancer. I swear I will not live to see another Christmas with my kids.
Entering menopause has really messed up my head even more than it already was :wacko: I'm ok one minute and then I'm crying in a full panic of dying the next. I question every little symptom and I have a lot :ohmy:. From messed up period problems which are of coarse ovarian, uterus or cervical cancer (this is todays worry!!) Tomorrow will probably be back to throat and esophagus cancer because of all this thick phlegm in the back of my throat. Maybe later in the day it will be stomach or colon cancer because I have too much gas and loose stools but this also can be ovarian cancer :wacko:. The following day will be backpain of coarse this is also cancer once again.:scared15: And the sad thing is it very well could be cancer because of my age :scared15: My body is falling apart and dying a little each day. I hate it. I just want to be normal like everyone else who doesn't worry about there health.

Aging with HA is a cruel joke. :weep:

I want off this evil effed up Rollercoaster!

​Can anyone else relate?

Buster70
20-12-20, 22:27
You are not alone on the crazy train , hang in there .

nomorepanic
20-12-20, 23:25
You need to get help - why don't you do that?

always scared
20-12-20, 23:49
You need to get help - why don't you do that?
I did get help! but it did not get rid of all my demons in my head. There was no magic pill to take to take all my craziness away :wacko:

glassgirlw
21-12-20, 00:04
Anyone that develops that magic pill will be a billionaire.

I personally think it just takes constant work. Work on ignoring sensations, disregarding the “voice” in our head. Self reassuring. Just getting on with our day rather than allowing the fears to take precedence. It never goes away completely. But the times when it’s less noticeable become longer and longer.

invisible.monster
21-12-20, 01:11
Sorry to hear that you’ve been distressed, I’ve had similar fears about the same conditions you’ve mentioned above. What have you tried so far to reduce your anxiety? I personally have found things that can mentally occupy me the most helpful, for example I’ve downloaded Duolingo to learn a new language, or if you are a numbers person, then you can download sudoku apps, etc. Exercising also works for me but it has to be something that requires me to concentrate on my efforts e.g. doing reps with my sit ups or weightlifting; something like the treadmill can also work but only if you do it at a higher speed as if you do it on a lower speed then your mind can still afford to wander off. Have you also sought professional help? I have started seeing a psychologist, have only seen them once so far but I can tell it’s going to be fruitful in the future as I gelled with her and she seems knowledgeable in this field. All the best x

NoraB
21-12-20, 04:33
There was no magic pill to take to take all my craziness away :wacko:

That's the problem with HA. People want a magic pill that will take it all away, but unless you deal with this disorder with therapy - it won't ever go away. You might get periods where it lies dormant. but all it takes to wake it up again is a new symptom.

HA is about fear, so what is it, exactly, that you fear?

BlueIris
21-12-20, 07:34
I get the desire for it all to go away, I really do, but there isn't a magic pill; life's far more complicated than that.

What there is, though, is the realisation that at least to an extent, it's under your control, so long as you're willing to put the hard yards in. I've been there with the health anxiety, I've lost every shred of dignity I had to it. In the end, though, the problem is your own faulty thinking patterns - nothing more, nothing less. We're all different, we all have different bodies and different shared experiences, and different things work for different people.

This is your journey, and you need to work out what works for you. I take meds (at a relatively low dose) but I still tend to need a few sessions of therapy every two or three years just to tune up my coping strategies. Right now, I'm learning meditation which will hopefully help me manage better on my own. It's not easy; every now and then something else jumps up and bites me in the backside but I'm basically on a forward trajectory.

HA is an absolutely bloody awful condition, but I've found that a victim mentality doesn't help because it reinforces the feelings of hopelessness that often underpin it in the first place. Learn to accept that your mind's misfiring, then start finding out about different strategies to combat this - if nothing else, it'll keep you away from Google.

Don't want to be a Pollyanna, but there's something genuinely a bit wonderful about realising the potential solution is in your own hands.

NoraB
21-12-20, 10:31
there's something genuinely a bit wonderful about realising the potential solution is in your own hands.

Absolutely Blue!:yesyes:

NotDeadYet
21-12-20, 14:45
I get the desire for it all to go away, I really do, but there isn't a magic pill; life's far more complicated than that.

What there is, though, is the realisation that at least to an extent, it's under your control, so long as you're willing to put the hard yards in. I've been there with the health anxiety, I've lost every shred of dignity I had to it. In the end, though, the problem is your own faulty thinking patterns - nothing more, nothing less. We're all different, we all have different bodies and different shared experiences, and different things work for different people.

This is your journey, and you need to work out what works for you. I take meds (at a relatively low dose) but I still tend to need a few sessions of therapy every two or three years just to tune up my coping strategies. Right now, I'm learning meditation which will hopefully help me manage better on my own. It's not easy; every now and then something else jumps up and bites me in the backside but I'm basically on a forward trajectory.

HA is an absolutely bloody awful condition, but I've found that a victim mentality doesn't help because it reinforces the feelings of hopelessness that often underpin it in the first place. Learn to accept that your mind's misfiring, then start finding out about different strategies to combat this - if nothing else, it'll keep you away from Google.

Don't want to be a Pollyanna, but there's something genuinely a bit wonderful about realising the potential solution is in your own hands.

Gosh what a great post!! A model answer for all of us!! Thanks for sharing.