PDA

View Full Version : Someone please help

Llh1979
21-12-20, 11:07
Hi this is my 1st time posting on here
3 weeks ago I was given sertraline after a stressful couple of weeks
Within 24 hours the panic attacks (I'd never had 1 before)had started so I only ended up taking 2 50mg tablets
And I've been Ill with anxiety ever since I've not eaten for 3 weeks and had severe diarrhoea to the point I'm now dehydrated
I cant seem to stay away from Google but last night I came across serotonin syndrome could I possibly be suffering with that I have the agitation the diarrhoea the dizziness pain in my legs tingle in my finger tips and rapid heart rate when having panic attacks I have 2 young children at home and fearing I have ruined their christmas I was in such a panic last night I had to take 2mg of diazepam
I'm waiting on a call from my doctors
I've never had suicidal thoughts until now but I really cant continue to be this way 😭😭

glassgirlw
21-12-20, 11:16
I’m so sorry you’re going through this. Your post sounds exactly like me about 3-4 years ago now.

I was also dealing with a really stressful period. I had resisted meds my whole life but my doctor really wanted me to try them. I have a fear of medication, mainly meds that I haven’t taken before. So I took one pill. Within about 8 hours I was having the worst panic attacks of my life - and I’ve had a few lol.

that being said, I was only started out on 10 mg which in reality has no chance at all of causing those effects. It was all in my mind. 50mg right off the bat seems like a high starting dose. There are probably others on here that can advise you more, as I’m just not a meds person.

I do think that you are just stuck in the “panic loop” at the moment. I know it feels world ending and that you’re going to die, but it’s just your body doing it’s fight or flight thing. There are some wonderful links on this forum to some CBT materials, those have helped me immensely in the past. It’s not a quick solution but it will help over time. Try distracting yourself, find other things to focus on. Read some posts about panic attacks on here. They’re extremely common and posts by others may help you see that you’re not alone. They are unpleasant, but ultimately they can’t hurt you.

Llh1979
21-12-20, 11:31
Thank you I just want to be well the gp is no help at all I should of had a 10.30 telephone appointment but I'm still waiting for them to ring I also hate taking medication and have to read all the side effects etc and then worry that I'll get them its such a vicious circle I just want to be well for my babies

Redsmum
21-12-20, 14:12
Hi Llh, so sorry to hear all you’re going through, its really horrible to feel so ill all the time isn’t it especially when you’ve got children to take care of. I get diarrhoea, feel sick a lot of the time, & also get leg pain & tingling in finger tips. Its all our old friend anxiety. Try & not read about the side effects i never do as i’m sure to get them too. The occasional diazepam won’t do you any harm & if it gets you to a calmer place all the better. Your children just need you to be there for them which you obviously are & they really don’t pick up on half as much as we think they do.

Llh1979
21-12-20, 14:58
Hi Llh, so sorry to hear all you’re going through, its really horrible to feel so ill all the time isn’t it especially when you’ve got children to take care of. I get diarrhoea, feel sick a lot of the time, & also get leg pain & tingling in finger tips. Its all our old friend anxiety. Try & not read about the side effects i never do as i’m sure to get them too. The occasional diazepam won’t do you any harm & if it gets you to a calmer place all the better. Your children just need you to be there for them which you obviously are & they really don’t pick up on half as much as we think they do.

I just want to be well and have a full nights sleep I've rang mental health emergency line and they just turned me away in feel as though I'm going crazy never ever before have I felt like this and it all started since I took that little pill which I only took 2 of
I'm also dehydrated and cannot eat so I'm sure that's not helping either

Redsmum
21-12-20, 16:42
If you’re not eating & are dehydrated you won’t feel well, your body is running on empty. Antidepressants do make you feel worse at first, i’m sure after only 2 tablets it wouldn’t result serotonin syndrome. Did your dr call you back?