PDA

View Full Version : New to Panic Attacks

Amber25
02-11-07, 05:00
Hi All,

I was just recently diagnosed with having panic attacks. I have went to the ER twice thinking something else is wrong. Honestly I don't know how to deal with it all. It started about a week and a half ago. I have had about six attacks, and they keep on escalating. I had the worse one yet just two days ago. I am still having lingering symptoms like tingling and burning in my feet, hands, and face. I am just truly scared that this isn't normal....??? Does this happen to anyone else??
No one really understands and I think that just frustrates me evern more...

Any tips would be great!

Thanks,

A.

manmoor
02-11-07, 11:05
Hi Amber,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

Believe
02-11-07, 11:16
Hello Amber,

Welcome to NMP. Hope that you enjoy your stay. Yes, hun those are typical with Panic and Anxiety. Amber have a read in the left side, in the Symptoms and Self Help Sections, you will find lots there to help you.

Also stop by the chat room, and meet us, there are always people there that will help you.

Take Care
Believe

I Believe That We All Will Get Better!

chucklehound
02-11-07, 12:06
Hi and welcome to nmp:)

Lindalou64
02-11-07, 12:27
HELLO AMBER AND WELCOME TO THE SITE......LINDA

groovygranny
02-11-07, 18:41
Hello Amber:welcome:to you!

Sounds like this is all perfectly normal symptoms associated with pa's. I remember how horrible this was - when you're at home a cold, wet flannel works wonders. If you're out then one of those 'cooling' face sprays are quite effective. You can get them in Boots or Superdrug etc.

I also found that taking just small sips of cool water helped too.

We all understand and you're not alone - you'll find plenty of help and support here.

Glad you found us and pleased to meet you!

:flowers:

nomorepanic
02-11-07, 19:20
Hi Amber

:welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

honeybee3939
02-11-07, 19:26
Hi Amber

Welcome to NMP, its lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice, support and make new friends too.:)

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

trac67
02-11-07, 20:55
Hi

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxxx

Nibbles
02-11-07, 21:57
Hi Amber and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way. Pins and needles is a really common symptom of anxiety and is caused when blood is diverted from your limbs when you feel in danger.

Take care,

Mike :)

johnr2
18-04-08, 16:44
Hi Amber just take one day in a time, if you ever want to talk email me i have panic atakes to , i take meds now for them, i am in the usa east coast

marie1974
18-04-08, 17:03
hi amber welcome and you will love it here there is loads ofadvice and you can make friends too, keep smiling xxxxxxx

chalky
18-04-08, 18:25
Hi Amber,

Welcome to the Forum.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

You will get loads of support and advice here.
Best wishes,
Chalky

kellie
18-04-08, 19:27
hiya amber :welcome: to nmp its lovely to have you here :D .
best wishes
take care :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

kellie.xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Lilith1980
19-04-08, 07:48
Hi Amber

Welcome to NMP :)

Jo xxxxx