PDA

View Full Version : need advice ibs/overweight?

peach
02-11-07, 09:49
hi all,

just tryin to work out some reasons why i feel off half of the time for the last 2 years. ok, doc said nothing serious, so what is it then?

im a bit overweight these days- heat affects me more now, and im wondering does anyone else feel more 'ill'/off since they have put on weight?
ie: have you noticed you feel unwell/more outofbreath-no exercise?
im not obese, but i am about 15 kilos overweight these days.

also, i have ibs- a natropat told me the other day that the mind and stomach is very related and that this i why i feel off half the time.
so, ibs sufferers out there- do you find since youve had it, do you also feel ill/off half the time as well?

im just trying to try to help myself feel a bit better so any help would be great!

maybe i just feel off cause of the anxiety disorder? doc says this is the reason.......

mirry
02-11-07, 10:39
:hugs: Yes IBS can really make you feel off and is related to anxiety ,

before I got panic attacks I used to suffer terrible with IBS ,

I gave up milk , oranges , cabbage and bread and it helped somewhat ,

also chew food very slowly and you can get some capsules from the health shop that help you digest your food better .

Also putting on weight does make you more breathless (anemia can do this too) , hope you feel better soon. :hugs:

peach
02-11-07, 11:17
hi mirry,
thanks for your response...

sounds like its a bit of all of the above is why im always feeling ill/off.
sick of feeling sick.

loosing weight is a bit of a prob for me, feeling ill makes it hard to exercise-will just make me feel worse, but i have to try something.

ill head to the healthstore for those tablets.
thanks for that.

Neilr1978
02-11-07, 14:20
here is my two pence worth lol..

I used to be in the army and was fit as anyone.When i left i stopped all the exercise and kept eating the same amount...guess what i put on weight so now im overweight have ibs and get ectopics and feel rotten most days.I have a real thing about my weight effecting my health as ive went from being so fit to so unfit.Im now trying to get my extra weight off and im exercising 3-4 times a week and it feels great,it lifts my mood the ibs(touch wood) as not shown its ugly face in months and the ectopics have reduced and NEVER EVER come on when im exercising.

:yesyes: :yesyes:

peach
02-11-07, 23:47
thanks for that neilr.

i did start to exercise at the start of this year, at first i would get so dizzy at teh gym i could only handle it for a few mins, but i kept going back and slowely was able to go for longer with less dizzyness. i got up to 2 times a week for about 40 mins! then i did my feet in, so back to square one again.

im gonna get a treadmill in the house, i think this is the best option for me.
i had no idea that putting on weight-not enough to be obese, but obviously enough will make you feel awful/ill/off.

did u find it was hard at first? feeling sick and trying to work out?