PDA

View Full Version : Dementia / Alzheimers Worries

darkside4k
23-12-20, 16:17
So, I am a 34 year old male and for the past week or so I have been fearing dementia / Alzheimers. As in, I fear that I currently have dementia. I have been feeling like I have brain fog and have been forgetting things. For example, I had my car towed yesterday because of a flat tire. I left the keys in the car so that the tow person could unload it when they got to the maintenance garage. However, later that day I spent about 5-10 minutes looking for my keys and forgot that I had left them with the car. In addition, I feel like I have been stumbling over words more and can't write as coherently.

I took an online Alzheimers test and was able to pass the test but I still fear I am in the early stages of dementia. To be honest I can't even find any stats about Alzheimers in my age group I assume because it would be quite rare.

Has anyone else gone through this fear? I don't recall seeing it very often around here - especially among young people so just wondering if anyone can relate.

nomorepanic
23-12-20, 16:52
We have loads of posts about this so scroll down and ready similar threads or do a search.

What happened with all the cancers you had?

Frantz003
27-12-20, 03:25
I’ve been having this fear for a few weeks. I stumble over my words and read them wrong at times. I have misplaced things or forgotten small details of things. I’m 35

NoraB
27-12-20, 08:35
I’ve been having this fear for a few weeks. I stumble over my words and read them wrong at times. I have misplaced things or forgotten small details of things. I’m 35

You keep saying 'I'm 35' as if this is somehow the clincher that you have dementia?

My ex husband (then 30) left my 1 year old in the magazine aisle in Asda once. Totally forgot he was looking after him! No dementia - just lack of sleep!

Stress
Anxiety
Information overload
Tiredness
Medications
Alcohol
Smoking
Crap diet
Vitamin deficiency
Depression
Multi-tasking

Before you go down the dementia route - maybe consider these common (and most likely) causes for your symptoms? :yesyes:

Kuraimoar
28-12-20, 00:10
I think everyone has little brain blips sometimes. Most people don't give it a second thought. We HA sufferers hyper focus on it and notice every little thing which actually makes it worse. Try to relax. I imagine dementia at your age is VERY unlikely. Anxiety can cause everything you're mentioning. Especially if you're focused on it.