PDA

View Full Version : Brain Tumour

Villa07
27-12-20, 20:07
Worried sick about having a Brain Tumour. Have had a dull head ache now for 6 weeks which I cannot shift. No other symptoms other than a stiff neck and pain down my right arm. Symptoms point to lots of nasty things on Dr Google - not had any other neurological symptoms and had a clear eye test last week. Worried that my arm pain is the weakness ‘symptom’ and I’m terrified of finding out something is seriously wrong with me.

Kuraimoar
28-12-20, 00:08
Sounds like you are carrying a lot if tension in your neck and shoulders. Try to relax and see if your symptoms improve. I know someone who had a brain tumor and her symptoms were much more severe. Positive thoughts, you can get through this.

nomorepanic
28-12-20, 00:09
doesnt sound like a brain tumour to me

NoraB
28-12-20, 06:09
Worried sick about having a Brain Tumour. Have had a dull head ache now for 6 weeks which I cannot shift. No other symptoms other than a stiff neck and pain down my right arm. Symptoms point to lots of nasty things on Dr Google - not had any other neurological symptoms and had a clear eye test last week. Worried that my arm pain is the weakness ‘symptom’ and I’m terrified of finding out something is seriously wrong with me.

You have a clear eye exam and no symptoms of a brain tumour.

What you are describing is a tension headache - the most common type of headache.

Tension headache is a constant ache which affects the neck muscles. Some adults experience tension headaches more than 15 times a month for at least 3 months in a row (swiped from NHS webpage)

The most common cause of tension headaches is stress and anxiety but other causes are..

Using phone/computer screens
Poor posture
Tiredness
Lack of exercise
Noise
Smells
Tiredness
Dehydration
Not eating properly

As for Googling - you could literally type in any symptom and Dr Google will come up with cancer.

I've had chronic headaches/migraines since I was a teenager - including the delightful 'ice-pick' and cluster migraines. My 'usual' migraines put me in bed for 24 hours at least. But I don't have a brain tumour. What you describe is me on a good day. It's a tension headache, and nothing to worry about.

Villa07
28-12-20, 22:43
Thanks for messages. Felt marginally better this morning but headache returned this evening - face totally numb, feel tired and worn out feeling like this. Been in this health anxiety worm hole for 6 weeks and it’s exhausting.

katniss
02-01-21, 06:22
Are you taking Tylenol or pain killers by any chance? Those can cause rebound headaches. In all honesty, this sounds like a tension headache. It can be a vicious cycle. I had a headache that lasted for eight months. I’m not kidding. Every day I had some variation of a headache. What made it go away? I got pregnant, and became distracted, lol. But yeah, I wouldn’t worry too much about this one.

Jase.
02-01-21, 21:36
You'd have more severe things wrong with you if you had a brain tumour. They very rarely present with just headaches.

always scared
03-01-21, 00:27
You'd have more severe things wrong with you if you had a brain tumour. They very rarely present with just headaches.

I agree with Jase.

Nohelp
03-01-21, 13:50
My dear father had a brain tumour , and I can tell you that you have not ! I had same as you and worried myself sick but eventually came to realise that it was caused by too much googling on phone / laptop.stopped said googling and relaxed . Head ache gone !!!

Flapj
04-01-21, 02:07

Hey Villa,

I'm there with you. I've had an intermittent headache over my right eye and at the top of my head for about a month now. I went about a week or two without a headache but now it seems to be back. It isn't getting worse though and there are no other symptoms. I've read that a headache alone with no neurological symptoms (seizures, vision loss, etc.) is rarely if ever a brain tumor. It is most likely a tension headache made worse by stress as other commenters have said. Keep us updated.