PDA

View Full Version : Bright dot of light spontaneously appearing

Ghostly
27-12-20, 21:15
For the past 4 days or so I'm occasionally seeing this very bright dot of light in the centre of my vision of my left eye (once or twice a day, maybe right eye too but less noticeable). Lasts maybe 30 secs and as if I looked at something very bright and it's an afterimage. But I haven't looked at anything bright.

What could it be? Anything to worry about?

Fishmanpa
27-12-20, 21:38
What could it be? Anything to worry about?

No idea. Maybe ask an optician if you're that concerned?

Positive thoughts

Ghostly
27-12-20, 23:07
Just seems like an after-image without an original source. If it lasts for around 30 secs it's unlikely to be my retina becoming detached? Especially if occurring in both eyes. I'll go and get my eye checked out if necessary, but rather not with the virus and all!

I'll wait until (and if) it happens again to see if definitely occurring in both eyes. I have been either staring at my monitor or TV when it occurs.

feelthelove
27-12-20, 23:07
I think its your eye letting in light , sometimes that happens , then it goes away .
When did you have an eye test last ?

Ghostly
27-12-20, 23:23
July 2019. My left eye was thoroughly examined via various tests at that time as I was seeing an arc of white light on eye movement (nothing found wrong). Still there, it's quite a bit fainter than it was, but now clearly part of a ring. Could be a connection.

Ghostly
28-12-20, 09:53
Should also mention I suffer from "silent migraines" and had 7 in past month (normally occur about once every 6 months or so). They're very different though lasting 30 mins with scintillating scotoma. Not a 30 sec after-image light thing. But there might be a connection I suppose.

Myka01
18-01-21, 08:34
Hi, do you still get that symptom?