PDA

View Full Version : Lump upper front of throat

Heather1234
28-12-20, 04:40
Ok, so idk if this is new or not 🤦🏼*♀️
At the top of my throat theres a hard ridge that sticks out some. (Im female) its in the area of the hyoid bone i think. I can move it back and forth. Almost feels like two round areas stuck together. Idk why i e become fixated on this. It seems big. My husband says its nothing. However when i tilt my chin up it feels really prominent.
Anyone have anything like this?

Heather1234
28-12-20, 16:50
Anyone? Sorry my HA is crazy 😔 the weird part is that is actually symmetrical. Almost like i have an adams apple at the very top of my neck. I dont have an throat symptoms. I wish i could just let this go.

Fishmanpa
28-12-20, 17:01
Go look up your hyoid bone :whistles:

Positive thoughts

Heather1234
28-12-20, 19:12
Yes, it seems to be in that location. Just feel like it sticks out further than it should. Especially since im female.

Yasz
29-12-20, 06:53
Hey @Heather1234, I an obsessing over the exact same thing! Thought it was sticking out further than it should too and felt like a hard lump.
Had an ENT visit yesterday for a different issue and asked the doctor who shrugged it off and told me “That’s just your bone. If your body (or neck for that matter) is on the slimmer side, you can feel your bone sticking out more.” 🤷*♀️

Heather1234
29-12-20, 18:51
Could you see it though, when tilting your chin up all the way? And thank you! :)

Fishmanpa
29-12-20, 18:59
Heather... This truly is a non-issue. What does it matter if others can see it? Would that really help you? C'mon now.... we are asymmetrical by nature and bones aren't made of porcelain and we are all different shapes, sizes and levels of body fat etc. And who, under normal circumstances does things like tilting their head all the way back and looks for a normal physical anomaly? :huh: Your HA is making something out of absolutely nothing! :lac:

Positive thoughts

Heather1234
29-12-20, 23:20
Thank you. I needed that. 🙏🏻🤗

Cazzad
04-02-21, 17:25
I e got exactly the same, however mine really hurts. Hoping the pain goes away if I could only stop poking it!!!

Lana
04-02-21, 17:56
I am a female, and it is visible, especially when I lift my chin. It has always been like that. Fishmanpa is , as always, totally right.