PDA

View Full Version : Husband is sick again.

Sunflower318
28-12-20, 20:26
He woke up this morning and he says his eye hurts and its really sore and watery and red. His temp is 98.4 which his normal is 97. He says he just doesn't feel good and he feels like he's fighting something. I was googling remedies and of course it pops up that pink eye is a rare symptom of covid. So of course that makes my anxiety sky rocket. It doesn't help that the whole right side of my face and neck hurt today too. My actual eye is fine but its sore all the way around it and to my ear. My son did hit me in thr head yesterday but it was on the other side of where i t hurts. Anyone else get pink eye as a beginning symptom of covid?

Sunflower318
28-12-20, 20:57
He doesnt want to eat and the little bit of cereal he did eat arent sitting well. Im freaking out. If he has covid and I've been sleeping next to him and taking care of this kids we will probably all have it

Sunflower318
28-12-20, 22:15
His eye has stopped watering but really hurts still and he has a runny nose and feels runs down.

glassgirlw
28-12-20, 22:33
Could be a stye, could be pinkeye. Either way best to get it looked at because if it is pinkeye, it’s contagious to the rest of you in the house. They can give meds to treat pinkeye.

Sunflower318
28-12-20, 23:33
Hea super stubborn and won't go to a dr. Im not worried about pink eye that much. Its easily treatable
I'm judt worried he has something worse. Hes been in bed all day feeling really run down and hes not eating much. No cough or anything. Just a runny nose and sore eye and no appetite and exhausted

ninnie
29-12-20, 14:33
Hea super stubborn and won't go to a dr. Im not worried about pink eye that much. Its easily treatable
I'm judt worried he has something worse. Hes been in bed all day feeling really run down and hes not eating much. No cough or anything. Just a runny nose and sore eye and no appetite and exhausted

You can get pink eye with a cold. Runny nose is more likely to be caused by a cold as opposed to covid, according to a symptom checker I looked at. Just trying to keep optomistic. Hope he feels better soon. Xx

Sunflower318
29-12-20, 21:29
He said he's tired and has no appetite. Its not like him not to eat at all. Its almost dinner time but he says he'll eat dinner. His eye is better and he doesnt have a temp. Still makes me nervous

Sunflower318
31-12-20, 15:39
Hes still off. But hes not sick. His eyes are swollen which is a rare symptom and he has a runny nose and still feels down. Im really nervous he has covid.

glassgirlw
31-12-20, 16:03
Unfortunately the only way to know for sure is to have him get tested.

Sunflower318
31-12-20, 16:14
How long would it take for us to show symptoms?

glassgirlw
31-12-20, 16:36
It’s so widely varied, and there are just so many random symptoms with Covid it’s hard to say. Can start as soon as 48 hours after exposure, some don’t show symptoms until 10-14 days. The majority seem to start within 2-5 days of exposure from what I’ve seen.

Sunflower318
31-12-20, 17:17
He said if he were sick at least I would be showing symptoms since I'm usually closest to him. Hed be on day 4 after the first symptoms if he has it. And we wouldn't know when he was exposed. Thr only place he goes is the gas station and back. We don't see anyone anymore.