PDA

View Full Version : Speaking issues / please help I’m scared

Frantz003
29-12-20, 14:54
I am waiting on my insurance card so I can book an appointment with a neurologist. I am really nervous because I have been saying wrong words like for example, I was feeding my 7 month old and watching a movie. I missed a part of the movie so I told my husband to “read it” instead of “rewind it” and I have done this a couple times. I have written before regarding me saying wrong names also. Like I’ll call my youngest son my oldest sons name etc. I’m so scared because I read that this always has to do with stroke, tumor or dementia. I feel like I can’t breath and need some advice 😭

nomorepanic
29-12-20, 15:19
It is very common with anxiety and stress - we have loads of similar posts trust me.

MagicalSprite
03-01-21, 01:05
I mix up my words, can’t find the right words, trip over sentences, accidentally say two words in one, write the wrong thing down. Anxiety/stress affects concentration, memory and the general functioning of the mind. You’re really not alone, sounds like classic anxiety doing it’s thing! The more we pay attention to it, the more it tends to happen too. Caffeine also tends to make it worse, in my experience. Xx