PDA

View Full Version : I need someone to talk me down

always scared
29-12-20, 16:57
I'm having another cancer freakout. I think I may have oral cancer or something. My lymph nodes under my chin/neck that are tender and sore. I also have a spot at the back of my head/neck that is sore and tender. all on the right side only. My right sinus/nose is draining into my throat and it hurts. There is a spot at the back of my nose/throat that is sore and feels raw. I have thick mucus. I don't have a cold and I'm not sick. I also have toothaches on the same side . So now I don't know whats going on. Is it throat, sinus, tongue Cancer? the lymph nodes are scaring me.

Please help me

jojo2316
29-12-20, 17:07
All I can say is- I could’ve written this post myself. I have palpable lymph nodes on my right side, including a node at the back of my head. My doctor, however, is not concerned. To me, the fact that you are in pain, suggests an infectious cause?

jojo2316
29-12-20, 17:08
AND I also have toothache upper right. But tooth infection can cause raised lymph nodes so.....

always scared
30-12-20, 14:48
Thanks jojo for your reply. This morning I feeling a bit better. Not panicking as much but still worried

Thank you

seashell07
30-12-20, 20:07
That's good you are feeling better! I freak out when I can feel my lymph nodes too, especially when I don't necessarily feel sick. It is often just a sign your immune system is at work fighting something off. If you don't have a fever along with those symptoms that is a good sign. I'm pretty sure cancer is the rarest and least likely cause. If it persists or you are still feeling concerned, are you able to contact a doctor or maybe do a urgent care virtual appt?