PDA

View Full Version : help me

coldwater
02-11-07, 17:13
hello there, im new here and im jus seekin sum advice. has anybody else ever had there anxiety focused on there mental state. All i think about all day is that ive lost the plot and dont have anxiety. The problem is i dont get anxious about anything except myself! My psychologist told me its Depersonalistoin but how am i gonna cure the problem when the porblem is me. i dont know why im thinkin like this it seems irrational. when im speakin im jus thinkin negative thoughts like nuthing means anything and it feels so real thats the worst part. Im 20 nowi c others around me my age and i jus think im an absoute no hoper. im convinced there is no way out i was taking cipralex for like 6 weeks and nuthing happened, then i think its because theyre not designed for me. I feel like ive got a mental health that cant be diagnosed. I dont know how to feel normal anymore. Ive never been so scared iin my life

groovygranny
02-11-07, 19:01
Hello dw :welcome:to you!

Sorry you're having a rotten time - 6 weeks doesn't seem very long though to see if meds are for you or not. That's only my personal opinion of course but I don't think I'll be the only one who thinks that.

However, I'm glad you found us as you'll get plenty of help and support here.

I remember feeling exactly like you are feeling now - so be encouraged, it will pass at some point. Try distracting yourself even with simple things when you get these thoughts. You have to try and 'train your brain' to think positively. And I know it's a lot easier said than done - but it can be done.

Don't be afraid - there are many here who have gone, and are still going through, what you are.

Pleased to meet you!

:flowers:

trac67
02-11-07, 19:03
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxxx

nomorepanic
02-11-07, 19:18
Hi DW

:welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

honeybee3939
02-11-07, 20:27
Hi DW

Welcome to NMP, its lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice, support and make new friends too.:)

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxxxx

Nibbles
02-11-07, 21:55
Hi dancingwobbler and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way. The feelings you describe are very common and I've had some of them myself and know others who feel as you do. By the way, I'm 24 so anxiety covers the whole spectrum of ages and you needn't feel alone.

Take care,

Mike :)

Lindalou64
02-11-07, 23:26
HELLO DW AND WELCOME TO THE SITE.......LINDA

PUGLETMUM
03-11-07, 07:52
:) hi dancingwobbler,

ive also felt exactly what your feeling now, so again i hope you can take comfort that you do recover from where you are now. YOU ARE NOT MAD!!!! if you were you wouldnt worry about it because you wouldnt know you were!!!!!! this is a very common symptom of anxiety.ive experienced anxiety since i was 14 and im now 35,and many others have battled with it for many many years,but with the right help you dont need to suffer with it for that long.

but you do have to work on your thoughts!!! the first one being that everybody elsr is having the time of their lives!!! this also is a very common thinking error that occurs once youve developed this negative thinking pattern,and they have to be challenged as they will block your recovery. it is true that people whoare not suffering with intense anxiety are moreabletoenjoy themselves, it stands to reason doesnt it? and thats what you need to aim for -a reduction in your anxiety so you can enjoy life againand like GG says it is 100% possible. 'normal'people still have problems, their lives are not perfect,and there is only one difference between you and them,and that is that anxiety is a crippling state to be in!! once youve found sucessful ways to manage your anxiety you will be onthe road to recovery,here are some of mine and many others tried and tested self-helpmethods-
exercise
fresh air
relaxation/breathing techniques
visualisation
positivethinking
self-belief
eating well
going to bed at the same time
doing something that keeps your unconciousmind distracted,puzzles/computer games like braintraining
not watching loads and loads oftv
getting a pet!

ihopesome of these can help,i know how hard it is when your young and you want to be enjoying yourself,but for some reason or other that isnt what the powers that be have in store for some of us,maybe we aremeant to enjoy ourselves in different ways!i mean you cant only put value on a life onthe basis of going out dancing and getting p***ed, we are all entitled to be exactly who we are,and not to worry what others think of us.

Pink Princess
04-11-07, 15:29
hey love the name!!! xx

welcome to the site and hope to see you around soon xx take kare xxxx

http://www.zwani.com/graphics/welcome/images/1111111.gif

CarmR
05-11-07, 13:54
Hi dancingwobbler

Welcome to the site...you will find so much help & support here...

How are you doing lately?

Best Wishes
Carmel

Believe
05-11-07, 16:05
Hello DW,

Welcome to the site. Hope you enjoy your stay.

Take Care
Believe
I Believe That We All Will Get Better!

coldwater
05-11-07, 17:25
thankyou everyone for taking the time to reply