PDA

View Full Version : Diagnosed with ADHD at 40

Ethansmom
02-01-21, 18:43
I haven't been on this forum in awhile. My anxiety has been in check (until recently.) I changed jobs, stopped thinking about anything bad-- until COVID hit. This is a health anxiety suffer's worst nightmare! Anyway, I am a teacher and teach face to face everyday. It's been a struggle, but all has been fine in our school. I don't have COVID-yet. Anyway, enough about that. I've recently been diagnosed with ADHD-inattentive type. My doctor suggested a low dosage stimulant. I must say it's helped quite a bit. I am actually less anxious in many ways. I'm more organized, focused, etc. I took low dose Concerta for a few months, tried a low dose of Adderall for about 10 days (caused too much anxiety). Now, I am regretting my decision. I'm worried about the long term effect of taking these meds. I'm 41 now. I'm a mom, teacher, and wife. I don't want to have heart damage or have a stroke from taking low dose stimulants. Yesterday, I stopped taking adderall due to anxiety side effects. The doctor says they only last a few hours and they are out of your system. Well, I was feel exhausted yesterday, fogged headed, slept most of the day. I'm hoping that my brain will go back to normal. Has anyone gone through anything similar?
Thanks, all! Happy New Year!