PDA

View Full Version : Just joined

AmandaG
02-11-07, 20:26
Hi everyone,
My name's Amanda, I thought I'd leave a few details about myself on here before getting embroiled in any other threads:)
I'm really pleased to see there's a chat forum going for people with anxiety/panic issues - last time I looked for help online there were only phone numbers and a few descriptions of conditions.

Anyway, to cut things short(er)....
I think I had depression for a long time without realising it, and was really taken by surprise with a burst of health anxiety and accompanying panic attacks a few years ago. I mean, I'd never heard of anxiety as a condition, and thought the doctor was taking the mickey when she said I had a bit of anxiety.
That got steadily worse over a couple of months, with me believing I had some serious physical illness. Eventually I was given Prozac, since my health-symptom-checking was getting a lot like OCD. It worked fantastically well, no side effects, felt honestly better and more 'normal' than ever.
The doc took me off it once and symptoms came back, so I went back on until I could see a counsellor for some only semi-successful talking treatment.
Anyway, the docs and the consultant piled the pressure on for me to come off Prozac, which I did gradually, but not as gradually as I might have liked.
Since then, I've found myself prone to getting a bit overly wound up about all kinds of situations and increasingly down.
Recently I've got general health anxiety and panic attacks back, not helped by a real mixed bag of nose/easr/throat/chest infections I'm still suffering from:weep:
I don't think I'm about to go back on Prozac, although I'd quite like to

honeybee3939
02-11-07, 20:31
Hi Amanda

Welcome to NMP, its lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice, support and make new friends too.:)

Make sure you check out the Symptoms, How to Cope and First Step pages also that are sittuated at the left hand side of this page, im sure you will find them of interest too.:)

Love and hugs
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

margaret911
02-11-07, 20:34
Hi Amanda and welcome to nmp.
Hope this site helps you as much as it helps me.
love Mags xxxx

trac67
02-11-07, 20:57
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx

Nibbles
02-11-07, 21:59
Hi Amanda and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike :)

Lindalou64
02-11-07, 23:24
HELLO AMANDA AND WELCOME..........LINDA

groovygranny
04-11-07, 19:31
Hello Amanda:welcome:to you!

I too didn't realise I had depression and anx til I went to the doc for something completely different!!

I'm sure you'll find plenty of help and support here -

Pleased to meet you!

:flowers:

Believe
04-11-07, 21:06
Hello Amanda

Welcome to the site. Hope you enjoy your stay. Have a good read on the left side of the forum.

Take Care
Believe
I Believe That We All Will Get Better!

nomorepanic
04-11-07, 21:30
Hi Amanda

A warm :welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help to you.