PDA

View Full Version : Constantly on the go

Frankie23
02-11-07, 22:24
As people who know me understand i just cant stand still mean im so full of energy im at uni full time and im working 2 jobs. When i have spare time i just do not know how to relax im starting to wonder if it is possible for me to relax. In one sense its good being so energetic and on another its not

Any info

Mwah xx

roziexwx
03-11-07, 10:20
http://content.sweetim.com/sim/cpie/emoticons/00020074.gif (http://www.sweetim.com/s.asp?im=gen&ref=10) wish i had some of that!zzzzzzzzzzzz

Stefan P
03-11-07, 13:28
Hehe, I'm with Rozie on that one!

Not sure about you but I can never fully relax until the kids are all in the bed and usually when the wife has followed them. Then there is a couple of hours just for me where I am under no pressure to do anything at all (which I have been for the preceding 15 hours). I use that time to play online computer games, which has turned into something of an obsession, and I realise is just pure escapism, but it helps me unwind.

Maybe get yourself a new hobby?

happyone
03-11-07, 13:49
Do YOU feel it is a problem? Are you feeling that you would like to relax but just can't? The important part is whether you feel it is a problem. You maybe still need to find what it is that winds you down. That may not be sitting down doing nothing, but it may be reading, painting, sport, on line chatting etc etc

Some people are naturally energetic people and are on the go from morning until night and their way of relaxing may be to play an energetic sport! Others are different. Like a previous poster, I find it hard to relax until the kids are in bed.
I know mums from the playground who are always on the go doing something all the time. I can't be like that as it would get me stressed. I need to have time to myself quite a lot, but they are probably more relaxed than me about a lot of things!

happyone
xx

Frankie23
03-11-07, 16:14
The only way i find it a problem is when im studying with a friend and my mind wanders off i get fidgety and anxious and eventually i end up leaving to use up the extra energy, when sat in the library should automatically relax you.

Ive tried reading which is helping but i keep thinking im wasting so much time doing these activities when i could be useful elsewhere i.e doing the whole length of our local city centre just walking etc

Just baffled me

Vikki
03-11-07, 19:49
I like being busy.

I have to feel as though whatever I am doing has a purpose to it.
I used to spend a good hour in the bath just reading but I find that so hard now :mad:

I do understand what you mean re walking the town.

Take care
Vikki
x

Frankie23
03-11-07, 20:56
Cheers Vicky maybe i just need to find an alternative way to unwind i find it affects my sleeping pattern i can have a few hours sleep and still put in a days work x

susiegoo
03-11-07, 22:47
I think the most successful people are those who are "driven" by a relentless energy. On the one hand they have the energy to persist with what they are doing, which brings results and success, on the other they find it hard to relax and this can bring it's own problems, especially within relationships. Finding a balance is difficult and I don't think many of them do until much later in life when the reality of not giving enough time to the most important things causes them problems.

Frankie23
07-11-07, 09:19
Well id like to think myself as successful mean im highly motivated in all areas im off on a Monday so thats my day where i do no work and do things to relax lets hope it works

jill
07-11-07, 21:42
Hi Frankie, :D

**Well id like to think myself as successful mean im highly motivated in all areas**

Thats great, that you are successfull and motivated in all areas, :yesyes: you should be sooo proud of yourself :yesyes:

The hardest thing with panic, high anxiety is knowing that there is always a reason why it is there, finding that reason can be dame hard.

This is just MY thoughts on this,

Maybe your mind and body is crying out for you to slow down a bit, learn how to relax, are minds are very powerfull, it sends us warining when if feels it needs to slow down, eg, headachs, feeling tierd all the time, can't sleep, ohh and many more, if we do not read these warnings, it may give us more symptoms, ( higher levels of anxiety)

You say you are off on Monday, BUT, do you switch off your mind to work when you are off? and I mean, all together, not think about it at all? or because of your motervation, your mind in thinking about work the next day.

I know you feel that reading, or doing small things that relax you is a wast of time, but maybe this IS what you mind and body is asking for, for you to learn how to relax.

Just my thoughts, sometimes little changes help us to move forward a little.

You take care :hugs:

LOVE JILLXX

groovygranny
07-11-07, 21:56
Hello Frankie,

I have to agree with Jill.

A lot of my problems stemmed from me being on 'auto-pilot' for such a long time. Until one day I hit the 'brick wall' and my mind and body just shut down.

I have had to learn how to relax, don't always achieve it I might add, and slow myself down considerably.

I have taken up a hobby which I enjoy with a passion - belly dancing - and although it makes me puff (!) I find it relaxes my mind inasmuch that for the period I am doing it I am totally lost in it to the exclusion of all anxiety, racing thoughts and stress. It's also a very good cardio-vascular workout so the benefits are many!

Find something that you can get 'lost' in for a while - then you'll be in a relaxed state.

Big hugs :hugs::hugs::hugs:

:flowers:

Frankie23
07-11-07, 22:34
Thats probably the best advice ive had im going to tempt swimming on Sat see how that goes

groovygranny
07-11-07, 22:54
Go for it Frankie!:yesyes:

And, please, let us know how you get on ??

xxx xxx

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

:flowers: