PDA

View Full Version : Pupils

Myka01
05-01-21, 11:32
Lately I've noticed that one of my pupils seems a bit bigger in artificial lightning. I went through my childhood photos and my pupils seemed to be equal back then, but it's hard to tell from small photos. I also went through my photos from 8, 5, 4 and 2 years ago and I noticed in a bunch of them that one pupil was a bit bigger in artificial lightning. So obviously I've had it for a couple of years... I started freaking out.. I'm constantly looking at my pupils, checking if they react to light, etc. and they do react to light normally, they are the same size when it's bright. I went to two eye doctors in the last couple of weeks because of eye flashes I've been seeing (I still see them and they still terrify me) so I guess they would notice if something wasn't right? They examined my eyes, dilated them, etc. I am just so tired of constantly worrying about a brain tumour or an aneurysm :( I wish I never noticed that

BlueIris
05-01-21, 11:53
I've fallen down that rabbit-hole before. If you had a brain tumour, you'd have more going on than just that, promise!

Carys
05-01-21, 17:00
Mine are also unequal in artificial/indoor lights. I too was worried about it, and first noticed it about 5 years ago. Since then they are similarly unequal and haven't changed either one way or the other. I found out at the time that
anisocoria is the most common cause of unequal pupil sizes, affecting up to 20% of the population. its benign and normal in 1 in 5 of any population.

Myka01
08-01-21, 07:42
I know what anisocoria is because both my son and my husband have it, but theirs is more noticeable (also in artificial light), you can see it just by looking at them, and in my case you have to focus to see it, but the difference is definitely there (maybe 0.5 mm difference). But what are the chances of all three of us having this condition if only 20% of people have it? It's crazy. I guess since I've had it for so long it can't be anything too serious... I've noticed it a long time ago but I always thought that more light was coming into one of my eyes causing this effect...

Carys
08-01-21, 21:10
The chances are pretty high that all 3 of you have the same thing, its very common. You already know about it, the condition, and its been there for ages (as you yourself say), so no problem.

Myka01
08-01-21, 23:05
Today I've noticed that one of my father's pupil is also bigger :scared11: I've never really focused on his eyes. So I guess it's genetic! We are just a bunch of weirdos.