PDA

View Full Version : Throat tightness maybe?

megan91
06-01-21, 16:06
I've been having this weird "symptom" it's so hard to describe. It feels like it's in my throat/back of my nose maybe, it feels maybe tight and like harder to breathe. It comes and goes and sometimes goes away and sometimes hangs around for awhile. It doesn't really feel like a lump in my throat or anything, just tight or kind of like a spasm. Starting to freak me out but I'm hoping it's just an anxiety symptoms. I'm weaning from breastfeeding, so my hormones are going crazy and as a result I feel more anxious these days. I'm also having a lot of tension in my jaw/face/chin area. Anyone else ever have anything similar?

bin tenn
06-01-21, 20:56
Occasionally, yes. No idea what causes it, but I assume it's related to anxiety or otherwise a harmless sensation that we're just more aware of than normal. My nose sometimes feels "tight", too. Generally, I find no reason to worry about it, but if I'm already anxious those sensations can exacerbate anxiety.

megan91
09-01-21, 15:29
Now I have this CONSTANT spasm like sensation in my inner cheek. You can see the muscle spasming. And when I say constant I mean constant. It usually starts when I lay down, does it all night and then part of the day until it stops. It will stop for hours and then start back up when I lay down to go to sleep. Idk what it is and why it's happening. The HA part of me says brain tumor pressing on facial nerve, rational side of me is saying something to do with the tension in my face. UGH. And googling is failing me and I can't find much on it.