PDA

View Full Version : Concerned about possible Covid exposure

THoltz
07-01-21, 16:15
Hello everyone, so forgive me if this is a silly question but what are the chances of becoming infected in an indoor environment where people are masked? I was getting my car serviced in a dealership and everyone wore masks but some wore them incorrectly (with the nose out). I waited by myself away from everyone away just as a precaution. What would the chance of me getting infected? I知 thinking low but I知 paranoid about getting Covid. This was 3 days ago and so far I have no symptoms.

Scass
07-01-21, 17:27
There痴 always risk, but it sounds like a mostly well operated business that is following the rules.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

elizabethalice
07-01-21, 17:28
Hello, the risk goes down a lot if everyone is masked, especially if you keep your distance. Looks like you're in the US, in the UK our new strain is getting more people infected easily but I don't think you've had many cases of it.

I'd say don't worry about it, nearly everyone has been in the kind of environment that you describe at some point during the pandemic and most have not caught covid.

Myself and my boyfriend currently have it but we are pretty sure it's this new contagious strain. We've both felt better, but we are improving. So while I think it's very unlikely that you have it, know that you're likely to be ok even if you do get it :)