PDA

View Full Version : thought id got through it????

soggypops
03-11-07, 07:44
Hi
Ive been in Cipralex( esctalapram) for 6 weeks now and upto now felt great and life was becoming so much better , i didnt feel panicky or anything. Then the other day my heart started racing again and i feel the panic coming back.

iS THIS NORMAL ? im on 5mg and thought id got through this? iS IT NORMAL TO HAVE SETBACKS LIKE THIS?
Please help and put my mind at rest.

Elly
x

joannap
03-11-07, 09:32
hi elly

i have been on citalopram for 2 weeks - waiting for my improvement to start so well done - you have obviously been feeling much better. the first thing that comes to mind is maybe your heart raced for another reason - excitement/caffeine etc and then you added on the panic because you confused it with panic if you see what i mean. i would try deep breathing for 20 mins 3 times a day and see how you feel over the next few days. i think its pretty normal to still have episodes of panic/anxiety on meds but they should pass quicker. x

soggypops
03-11-07, 20:29
Hi thanks Joan
I think whenyou start taking meds you expect them to work all thetime. i never expected to have a set back after feeling so good. Its been three days like this now ands everytime i try and sleep my heart thumps away so hard. It makes me angry at myself because i really thought i was getting better. I do have a bad cold at the moment maybe thats not helped. I think i will up my tablets to 10mg a day. Doc said to do that if i needed to . I will let you know how i get on.
Many thanks for your kind words it really does help.
Elly
x

joannap
04-11-07, 14:33
hi elly

i think your heartbeat is faster because of your cold. i had a virus a few years ago and when i got my blood pressure checked for the contraceptive pill - my heart rate/blood pressure was up. apparently its when you have a slight temperature. also watch out for caffeine in cold remedies! i once took beechams powders for 24 hrs and my heart literally rattled and raced for another 24! x

cycloneuk
04-11-07, 15:57
You have not been taking them long at all so please don't worry, small setbacks are normal and part of the process with medication and without it, from what i have read it can take upto 4 months to feel the full benefit of Cipralex and during that time you should notice progress all the time. I would stick with the 5mg longer and don't worry about small blips, you need to remain positive because what counts most is how you deal with these small blips.