PDA

View Full Version : Small firm bump / lump under the skin, please read

Lana
10-01-21, 16:27
Hello to all,

I was applying moisturizer to my legs this morning and I felt a small but firm lump on my left shin. I believe days ago I had a bruise there ( I easily get them now, I am 57), but I am not 100 % sure. Also, if there was a bruise, it is not there any longer. However, I can easily feel this small lump under the shin skin. I am very scared, because I read that there is an extremely rare cancer, that start like that (adamantioma), but affects more men than women, and I also younger people , for some reason. I am a woman. I am really scared, because, I always go to the worst case scenario. Any comforting word is highly welcome and appreciated. Thank you

BlueIris
10-01-21, 16:50
Not to be crass, but adamantioma almost entirely affects adolescents. You might have bumped yourself, it might be an insect bite scar or any number of ordinary, harmless things.

Maybe look on this as a reason to work on your health anxiety?

Lana
10-01-21, 17:35
BlueIris, Thank you. I actually prefer people to be crass with me, it really helps me. Every fing thing with me is cancer, I never can think anything else. Thank you, I mean it.

I have worked on my health anxiety for years, changed doctors, and medications. It became little better over the years, but from time to time, I just do not know how to prevent it, how to change my thinking.

Since I vaguely remember that there was a bruise there days ago, maybe the bump is from that. I truly hate being like this.:weep:

BlueIris
10-01-21, 18:12
Come to think of it, something similar happened to me last week - had a random sore spot on my forehead that scared me until I remembered I'd hit it on the wardrobe the night before.

nomorepanic
10-01-21, 19:26
could just be a fatty lump

Don't jump straight to cancer