PDA

View Full Version : Taste & Tongue - not Covid

Guitarist Panicker
12-01-21, 17:47
Hi all,

As many of us can probably say, I am obsessive compulsive, particularly when it comes to health anxiety. Any thing that is wrong with me I fear is cancer or is going to kill me.

For five weeks I’ve had a metallic taste in my mouth and a burning tongue sensation. I’ve had two Covid tests which have been negative.

My dentist says I’ve had gingivitis and this will be the reason. I’ve also been trying home remedies and mouthwashes which could have affected my tongue.

I’m concerned that it’s still not gone away though. I wondered if anybody has any experiences with their mouth like this?

GuiPan

Guitarist Panicker
14-01-21, 18:08
Has anybody had these symptoms that would mind chatting with me please?

Hi all,

As many of us can probably say, I am obsessive compulsive, particularly when it comes to health anxiety. Any thing that is wrong with me I fear is cancer or is going to kill me.

For five weeks I’ve had a metallic taste in my mouth and a burning tongue sensation. I’ve had two Covid tests which have been negative.

My dentist says I’ve had gingivitis and this will be the reason. I’ve also been trying home remedies and mouthwashes which could have affected my tongue.

I’m concerned that it’s still not gone away though. I wondered if anybody has any experiences with their mouth like this?

GuiPan

NoraB
15-01-21, 08:59
Hi all,

GuiPan

I have but mine was an anxiety symptom. Gingivitis will do it as well. Maybe it's a combo of both with you?

I'm struggling to see how you came to the cancer conclusion on this symptom?

Guitarist Panicker
15-02-21, 17:38
I have but mine was an anxiety symptom. Gingivitis will do it as well. Maybe it's a combo of both with you?

I'm struggling to see how you came to the cancer conclusion on this symptom?

Thanks for getting back to me Nora. This went away for a few days and has come back. So demoralising. I do have bleeding gums and am constantly battling anxiety so this would probably be logical. Of course, I can’t see logic and it’s driving me nuts.

I have a phobia about cancer and just feel like it’s bound to get me. I saw something when googling about taste issues being a rare symptom of liver cancer and it’s gone from there.

Fishmanpa
15-02-21, 19:02
I do have bleeding gums

Blood will definitely cause a metallic taste in your mouth.

Positive thoughts

Guitarist Panicker
15-02-21, 19:40
Blood will definitely cause a metallic taste in your mouth.

Positive thoughts

Thank you my friend. It started out metallic but seems to be sweet and has a burning sensation now.