PDA

View Full Version : Heart palpitations

Searchingforinfo
13-01-21, 03:35
Hi all. I've been having continuous heart palpitations the last few days. They started acting up really bad today. Managed to get an appointment at my heart Dr. They did a ekg and he said it looked good. He also told me I've had all my work ups for my heart echo,holter monitor, stress test,etc. He kept insisting they were no concern and to just ignore them. Kimda hard to ignore so many though. He told me if I really wanted to he'd prescribe me a medication that would stop them. Any tips are greatly appreciated. I know I need to calm my anxiety asap. Thanks for any info..

bin tenn
13-01-21, 03:52
This isn't uncommon, whether one has anxiety or not. Anxiety just makes us more aware of them. I'm not a cardiologist, but any knowledgeable cardiologist will tell you that, generally speaking, one can have quite a lot of palpitations with no cause for concern. I know how you feel!

I seem to go through intermittent but sometimes awful bouts of palpitations myself. Lately, in the past couple of weeks, I think I've noticed two or three. But sometimes I'll notice them countless times per day, sometimes for a few days and sometimes for a week or more straight.

Searchingforinfo
13-01-21, 05:39
Thanks for the reply. Yeah they're definitely nerve-wracking. I just need to stop focusing on it so much. I'm sure that's not helping at all.

NoraB
13-01-21, 08:11
Think of it as your heart is having a little work out, rather than anything harmful..

The more you focus on this - the worse it will feel.

Searchingforinfo
14-01-21, 01:16
Yeah no doubt. Today was way better. I didn't have any. Odd they were acting up out of control yesterday, and today all good.

NoraB
14-01-21, 08:50
Yeah no doubt. Today was way better. I didn't have any. Odd they were acting up out of control yesterday, and today all good.

Play detective and go back through yesterday or the day before. What were you doing? What did you ingest - body and mind? Scrutinise it all and you might see something which explains it.

Good to hear you're having a better day.

Searchingforinfo
15-01-21, 04:00
Thanks for the tip. I will definitely do that.

jayke
05-02-21, 14:27
Hey there!

How are you doing now? My palpitations (skips, missed beats) have returned and are constant and have been for a few days now.

:(

bin tenn
06-02-21, 15:55
Hey there!

How are you doing now? My palpitations (skips, missed beats) have returned and are constant and have been for a few days now.

It can feel troubling and uncomfortable, can't it? For what it's worth, I once had palpitations every two to three minutes consistently (I timed them), lasting well over 24 hours. I saw my cardiologist, and his reply was simple and succinct: "They sure can be a nuisance, huh?" He went on to explain that what I was feeling was normal, and that perhaps I had overworked myself, consumed too much sugar/caffeine, etc. He was not even slightly concerned, despite the palpitations occuring in a very regular pattern, very frequently.

Searchingforinfo
10-04-21, 16:33
Hey there!

Hi. Mine have been good lately. Still get a few here and there but not to much. I had another episode fewxweeks ago. Was non stop palpitations for over 24hrs. I went in to er ,and they ordered the ekg, bloods etc. Came back as pvc. Still annoying though. Hope yours are doing better.

jayke
09-08-21, 23:49
Hi all! Glad you’re doing okay. I am convinced mine are mind-related. Stress and anxiety and even just thinking about them. I guess the key is to ignore them and think about other things but that is probably one of the hardest tasks ever!