PDA

View Full Version : The Worlds Biggest Thanks....

joelhall
03-11-07, 19:48
want to give to gemma (ammeg) and most of all laura (lozpop85).:hugs:

after another sleepless night my anxiety has been at fever pitch. however after chatting about my anxiety to gemma everything started to make sense to me. i think weve all been there that point where we just get lower and lower and worry about everything. and thats where i have just been.

ive been depressed and low and constantly anxious for the last 5 weeks to the point where ive got nervous exhaustion cannot relax cannot stop bad thughts and all the rest of it.

and the worst thing ive done is push away the woman i love (laura). i want to make a public apology here now too. i was so wrong and let my anxiety get the better of me. nothing means more to me (apart from neil and will) than lauras happiness.

anyway i digress. gemma you really put things in perspective for me. ive let this rule me for so long and finally things made sense to me, and i was able to step back from the anxiety and my god i cant believe what an idiot ive been.

laura i need to thank you too. noone has ever shown me as much kindness and love as you have. there is now way i can ever thank you enough for all youve done and put up with cos of me:hugs: :hugs: you really have been amazing and you should never feel down about yourself ever:yesyes: . i only wish id thanked you more. but then if i can id like to anything i can to make it up to you.

in case anyone is thinking im going over the top here i want to explain to everyone just how great these two people have been to me.

gemma. you spoke sense to me. sometimes we dont realise just what anxiety is doing to us. ive always focussed on the physical symptoms and worried about dying and not done enough for my emotions. your words sunk in and made me realise what im doing to myself and those around me. anxiety is awful, and its even worse when you dont realise just what it is.

thank you so much gemma, that brief conversation really opened my eyes:hugs: and made me realise how much im missing and what im doing to those i love.

laura. i think everyone here should know just what a wonderful person laura is. i didnt realise until now, even though i love her, bu she really is an angel.

im sure she wont mind me saying this on here, but i think you should all know just how much she has done for me.

this person has helped me when ive been down shes stayed up all night and gone out of her way to help me when all ive wanted to do is give up. but shes never given up on me ever:yesyes: . even when its been too much shes been an absolute saint. she even offered me help to find somewhere to stay and rest. with love like laura has shown me it gives me a fantastic feeling inside that someone can care so much about me. ive never given myself the credit and you always did honey. you make me cry now i realise just want an angel youve been. noone has ever cared abuot me so much. i wasnt prepared for it, but im so glad we found each other. meeting you has been the best thing ive done other than become a dad:hugs:

one of the kindest things anyone ever did for me was that wonderful post the other day. but thats not the first thing. even if noone else had replied that meant the world to me right then because it was from you. youve helped me when im down made me happier when i was up. you have a wonderful gift for that with me and noone deserves thanks more than you for all youve done for me:hugs: . you are a wonderful gift yourself.

i could even say youve been entirley selfless sometimes, and for that i cannot express how grateful i am:D :hugs: .

laura has helped me even when shes been in astate. given so much of her time for me. once she even stayed up til she couldnt keep her eyes open anymore, just because i was down. ive never felt so loved before:hugs:

you will always have a place in my heart honey:flowers: and i ont think theres anyone who knows more about me. ive even let someone in, and im so happy its you.

even when youve had a hard time you make time for me. that is about as kind as anyone can be. youve shown me how to express my emotions, how to look for great things, and made me feel better than anyone else ever has:hugs: . youve given me praise for the smallest things i do, wrote that beautiful thread for me, helped me, challenged me, made me think and feel, helped me open up... are you sure youre not really an angel in disguise:winks:

im probably embarrassing you two now. but believe me its nothing compared to the thanks i owe you both, especially laura. looking over our convos and everything, im astounded just how much you care about me. ive been so blindsighted by anxiety i never let things sink in properly. even now by walking away, youve helped me by making me face up to this and this has helped me no end.:yesyes:

and not only that, but laura has acheived something i bet she never realised. shes made me happy:hugs: . sometimes there are people in this world you meet, who have a profound affect on you. gemma and laura have done this for me. thre is no way i can ever help them enough. the emotional aspect is something ive always had trouble with. but now im even crying:yesyes:

i can now see what you guys mean when you talk about how anxiety affects us psychologically. i realise im not mad.

but i do realise one thing. ive been such an idiot (and no dont say its the anxiety - could i didnt realise that the words never sunk in, hence im an idiot haha).

right now im shaky and weak, but emotionally i feel amazing. i never realised just how much anxiety blurs your perspective.

see even neil is happy^^^^^^:D

ill waffling i know it. im crying with delight now haha. and i just feel i could keep writing about this forever haha.

ill just close by saying this...

even though it may seem somewhat repetitive haha...

gemma. thank you for talking to me and opening my eyes. you have done more good than you realise, really you have. somehow it all just struck a chord with me, your patience and manner what exactly what he doctor ordered. given everything thats happened recently things finally make sense.

laura. i could go on for hours about what youve done for me and what a great person you are, and how happy i am for you being there me.

but i dont have to. all i have to say is, and this is truly truly meant...

YOU ARE THE MOST WONDERFUL PERSON I HAVE EVER MET, AND THERE IS NO WAY I CAN EVER MAKE UP TO YOU ALL THAT YOUVE DONE.

I LOVE YOU LAURA.

i know this new break is going to give you what you need, i can see now how great things are going to be for you. and im so happy that youre going to be happy.

noone could ever take your place in life. you really are amazing:yesyes:

tip for everyone. realise what anxiety is, and take control. sometimes it just takes a couple of angels to show you the way, and in my case ive found them,

i may have said alot, but i really cant find the words to express just what youve done and what laura means to me.

im so grateful i really am and as lionel hampton (who played drums and percussion of course;)) said - Gratitude is when memory is stored in the heart and not in the mind. and for what youve done that is where you both shall stay.

and now if it may please the court...

a toast...
TO GEMMA AND LAURA:hugs: two people well in need of the greatest thanks i can ever give:hugs:

Caribou
03-11-07, 20:07
Hi Joel, this post was very touching, emotional and sounded like it came straight from your heart. It must have been difficult writing it, but it helps to put your feelings into words dosn't it? I know you've been having a rough time lately, so I'm glad Gemma and Loz have been able to help you. Give yourself credit too - you have turned a corner in fighting your anxiety.

Big hugs to you :hugs::hugs:and to Loz and Gemma for being supportive NMP members.

Cari
xxx

bottleblond
03-11-07, 20:10
awww WELL done Gemma and Laura, i'm really glad that you could help Joel out and Joel, i'm really really pleased that you are feeling better. When my Anxiety is high, i find that if i talk about how i am feel and it helps loads, but most of all, it's amazing when you find someone you trust that can relate to how you are feeling so well done again folks.

lots of love and hugs to you all
Lisa :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

joelhall
03-11-07, 20:14
thank you for your reply cari, and yes it was difficult and emotional to write. but i dont care. its a small price to pay to give thanks where its due:D

but really ive not been good and it was gemma and laura who did this. they deserve your kind words not me:yesyes:

i still have trouble with expressing myself fully, but i hope this post goes some way to showing how i feel about them:hugs:

Lozzie
04-11-07, 01:39
Joel I think that is the most sweetest thing anyone has ever done for me.
Thank you so much it even brought a tear to my eye :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

But i really think that i dont deserve everything u have said there as I havent really done much at all :shrug:
laura xxxx

Pink Princess
04-11-07, 16:18
joel well done for getting this out i think you have waited to do this for a long time now xx well done :)

lozzie i think you do deserve what joel has said and i think both of you deserve eachother and a whole bunch of hugs xxxxxxxxxx

http://www.wondercliparts.com/hugs/graphics/hugs_graphics_05.gif

Southern_Belle
05-11-07, 20:23
Joel,

I'm so glad you are feeling better. I know Gemma very well and she is indeed very wise and a very good friend. I'm so glad you were able to talk to her and listen to her great advice. As for Laura, I'm so happy that she has been there for you and that she means so much to you and has also helped. I do hope things continue to look up for you.

Laura

Gordon
06-11-07, 19:59
I think I've briefly spoken to Gemma in chat before, but she sounds like a great person and I'm glad you've got some good advice mate.

As for Loz, well we all know Loz is a top lass!!!!!

And remember one thing, I'm DJing at the wedding :)

Gordon

Granny Primark
06-11-07, 21:37
Its really good to read stories like this.
What a caring bunch of people the nmp members are.
Gemma you have been a good friend to me to and given me loads of support. Im not surprised in the slightest to read of your care and support for others on this site.
Laura your a breath of fresh air to this site. What an amazingly caring person you are.
AND?!?!
Do I need go shopping for a new outfit from primark! (I think they only do woolly hats with scarves to match)
Can a granny be a bridesmaid? (if so can you consider me)
And Gordon my hubby used to be a dj and hel do it at a good discount!

Joel lots of love and good wishes to you.

Take care
LYNN xx

joelhall
06-11-07, 22:30
actually itll be a live band and me and my brother will be the drummers. of course feel free to take advantage of the free food and booze, but please lets not make all the ladies hats too extreme.

i have a repuattion to keep up, cant go round letting everyone think im some sad old romantic can i :winks:

kabbie
07-11-07, 03:44
Thats a really lovely thread Joel,
But you need:hugs: thanks too, you helped me tonight when i was feeling scared and lonely... you were threre to talk to.
Thank you
Kate
(kabbie)

Ammeg
07-11-07, 16:10
well that was a shock and there was me thinkin i was an outspoken baddy wth no tact!! haha

well all i can say joel is how happy it makes me that you r feelin more possitive and ready to move on with your life with the lovely laura!! :winks:

and weneva u need another boot up the bum let me know!! :D

thankyou joel

Gemxxxxxxxxxx :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Richie
07-11-07, 16:48
hi Joell just want to say that honestly you do keep us cheerful in the chat room, even though you have been going through some rough times yourself.
what you said about Gemma and Laura was wonderful and its so good to read success stories about people having breakthroughs in whatever way they come.:yesyes:

love Richie xxxxx