PDA

View Full Version : Can i take Diazipan with cipralex ??

soggypops
04-11-07, 08:24
Hi all
Im on cipralex week 5 and having side effects( pounding heart and all jittery) i have some diazipan which the doc gave me a while back when i used to be on seroxat. I really feel i need to calm down a bit to get over the side effects. So can you take dizipan 2mg with cipralex???

Also im worrying that my pounding heart could be high blood presure from taking cipralex? I have looked at the symtoms leaflet in the box but it mentions nothing about bloodpressure? Im sure its me being stupid?

Elly
x

jo61
04-11-07, 09:34
I've neber been on Cipralex but have taken small doses of diazepam as needed with many other antidepressants I've been on. Might be worth checking with your doctor's surgery or even the pharmacist.

Phill2
04-11-07, 10:19
I've been on 10mg Cipralex and 2 x 5 mg diazepam for 3 yrs now with no adverse effects.
Good luck with it. Cipralex gave me my life back.
Phill

Tabatha
04-11-07, 10:47
Hi
Yes you can take Diazapam with Cipralex. Some of my patients are prescribed both (I'm a psych nurse). However, try not to become too dependant on the diazapma. Hopefully the Cipralex will help with the anxiety symptoms eventually so you will not need the diazapam. Maybe you could discuss with your Doctor about Proprananol, a beta-blocker which will help with the physical symptoms of your anxiety and also help with your high blood pressure.

Good luck :D

soggypops
04-11-07, 11:23
Thanks for your advice . I think i will take a diazipan just untill the tablets start working ( HOPEFULLY SOON ?) . The leaflet say side effects only last 2 weeks ? Well i think they need to rejust that .
Once again thankyou and hugs to all .
Elly
x