PDA

View Full Version : Glands in the groin

JennyW
04-11-07, 10:04
Is it normal to feel these? I can feel one either side - small pea shaped. Have felt them there for a long time. Thanks for any reassurance :flowers:

lesleyB
04-11-07, 14:44
Yes they are fine, my daughter has them and her doc told her it was nothing just lymph nodes she has them under her jaw as well.Don't worry be happy.
Lesleyb:yesyes:

JennyW
04-11-07, 15:10
Hi Lesley. Have already scared myself silly by visiting Dr Google! :ohmy:

Can anyone else feel theres? I'm quite thin and dont have a lot of fat around that area, perhaps thats why they are more noticeable? :shrug:

anxious
04-11-07, 16:12
Tut tut no googling. They are normal, i used to be able to feel mine when i was slimmer :blush: and went to the doctor about them.
anx xx

Lissy43
04-11-07, 17:15
Yes I have one and its pea size, dr has checked it and says if I wasn't so slim I wouldn't notice it. Its normal, I have glands up everywhere.

Alabasterlyn
04-11-07, 17:56
I have them too, also went to the GP really worried about them. I was told as long as they aren't larger than a pea then no need to worry about them. I'm also slim and was told this makes them more prominent.

joannap
04-11-07, 18:08
i too can always feel my glands in my groin and under my armpit/in my neck. sometimes if i am run down they feel tender. the only time you would need to get it checked is if a gland became very swollen over a period of time. x