PDA

View Full Version : On my own and ectopics very bad

countrygirl
04-11-07, 13:44
I am very rarely on my own as husband is self employed at home and due to my genuine disabilities with spinal problems he is there to help me but today for first time in about a year our son has taken him off to help him do things this afternoon. About half an hour before he left I felt funny headed but that can be due to my neck problem with is not good today after doing too much yesterday but then my ectopics started really bad. You know the feeling where it seems as if you are being kicked in chest from inside out. I then put the funny head feeling together with ectopics and was convinced that I will collapse with heart while he is out!!

I have had a 24 hr holter moniter every three years for past 12 years and spent 4 days under obs in heart ward about 6 years ago and had echo of heart and was told I had frequent ectopics (pvc's) but that they are harmless no underlying heart problem, echo normal inc valves. Everytime I have a 24hr ecg I am told same thing that I have straight forward ectopics but no underlying arrythmia. I have to add the the ecgs are done at my request as my nerve tends to break after 2 years without one:blush:

Recently I seem to have changed from ectopics all day long for weeks at a time to having sudden bad attacks maybe everyother day lasting hours but getting them every day rather than previously where I would have a few weeks grace every now and again.

I just need someone to talk to if anyone with ectopics is out there:shrug:

jodie
04-11-07, 13:55
aww hi

i get ectopics somtimes used to be every day and more so at night .

i know how scarey they can get and how they start to run your life i think you will have had all the talks on what you should do ect no caffine ,smoking,ect .easy for them to say huh lol

when i get them bad i splash my face with ice water or put your hands in ice water that helps.
there are lots of posts on ectopics have a look at them see if they help

jodie xx

angiebaby
04-11-07, 14:01
I know how you feel! I hate them too and i still find them very scary. But i have been having them for the past 12 years and have been told that they are nothing to worry about too. No matter what they say i still do worry and i still don't like them at all. If i have them where they are going on and on and i don't feel like i have any normal beats inbetween, then i have a good cough and sometimes this will stop them. I do try and keep going but it is very difficult isn't it. There are many things that can trigger them off and stress and anxiety is a biggy. You are obviously anxious because you are on your own for the first time in a long time and this is normal. You already feel 'funny' because of your neck problem, i can certainly relate to that to. I am very dizzy today and am finding it hard to even stand without going over and this does scare me a lot and stops me from doing things. Try and take your mind off it if you can, like i do, i come on the internet, or read, or watch tv/play video games. Anything to try and distract myself really. I find it hard to do anything physical when i am this dizzy, so i tend to just sit in my chair and distract myself from there! Can you ring a friend or a family member to take your mind off it? It won't be long before they are back and you will be fine. But i know how you feel and how scary it can be. At least you don't have to go out alone or anything, i suppose that is a bonus isn't it? You could always nip onto chat on here and pass the time, lots of people will help you with advice and distraction on there. Let me know how you get on.x

countrygirl
04-11-07, 17:31
thanks both for replying. I also find the cough works but only for a few seconds then they are back.I live in the countryside so don't have any very close neighbours other than cows! and you can't have much of a conversation with them:) but my nearest neighbour friend is only a minute drive away so I decided to try and distract myself and go there and I had a lovely couple of hours as she was in and didn't notice one ectopic until I left and off they went again, typical.

Angie do you also have neck problems or is it just dizzy trouble???

I have herniated discs all down my spine but very bad in neck with arthritis and I can get vertigo and most days have some low grade dizziness.

Piglet
04-11-07, 18:43
Nobody likes them love so we're with you on that one. :hugs:

Have you had a good look at the help pages on the list to the left of you cos that may help put your mind at rest.

Love Piglet :flowers:

angiebaby
04-11-07, 20:20
The dizziness is driving me crazy. I would be much better if it wasn't for that! I have military neck, perfectly straight where it should be curved. The physio thinks the dizziness could be down to my neck and has given me some exercises to do, but they aren't doing any good. I see a neurologist on Wednesday, scared about that one already, lol, to see if i have Menieres or something. I have had two MRI's and they were both clear. So i don't know really. All i know is that the dizziness is really bad but i suppose some of it could be down to anxiety couldn't it? My ears also drive me mad, tinitus, banging, crackling, whistling, shrieking, etc, etc. I know this too could be down to anxiety but i will just have to wait and see what the neurologist says.
I have been doing well these past two days but earlier had a real dizzy do and i had to sit down, it was awful.
I hope you are feeling better now and i am glad you managed to get to your friends and i know what you mean about the ectopics. I was doing my room out earlier and minding my own business and everytime i took a deep breathe i had three ectopics, not nice!
Glad you are ok.

TracyL
05-11-07, 02:58
Hi Countrygirl

I can completely sympathise with you hun. I also live out on land with only cows for neighbours lol. I know what it feels like to have these awful things and and lay there at night and in bed with every other beats all over the place and feel so alone.

I have had these ectopic beats so badly for last five weeks and they are different than ones I had before. I have them virtually constantly and they are driving me insane. I go in for an echo tomorrow but have had all the other tests all say nothing to worry about. I just can't believe it but somewhere along the line I guess we have to have in faith in the medical profession around us (easier said than done i know).

I seem to get some relief when i have a hot bubble bath. I know maybe i'll just spend 24/7 in the hot tub lol.

take care sweets, you're not alone

hugs and kisses
Tracy