PDA

View Full Version : ** New to Site **

Oceanblue
05-11-07, 10:02
Hi there everyone,

I've been here for afew days now, and thought it was about time I introduced myself. Previously I wasn't feeling up to it, the depression had overtaken me.

I'm 31 and my world is my children, little boy of 8yrs and 5yr old girl, they make me feel so alive. If it wasn't for them I would certainly see life differently.

I have been diagnosed with Bi-polar Depression, Anxiety/Panic and OCD.

I would rather not go into details of my past, as I would prefer to concentrate on a positive future and keep focused rather than looking back, but I do feel that I haven't had an easy ride. Since ending in a MH Hospital for three month's after suffering a major breakdown nearly two years ago, I have tried my hardest to look forward and think in a positive way, (but as you all know it can sometimes be easier said than done), especially as I still have nightmares regarding my past.

I've joined this site in hope for support and also help give support to others who are going through similar feelings.

I take medication and have done for 13 years. In the past two years, since leaving hospital I have been taking extra med's that have helped me a great deal.

I realise this is only a brief introduction, but if i'm honest I'm not feeling well in myself right now and this is all I feel I can manage.

I have already met some members in the Chatroom and they have been very supportive and caring, I feel so glad that I have found this site.:flowers:

Thanks for reading and take care of yourselves. I hope to see you around the site :emot-wave: xxx

pink daisy
05-11-07, 10:22
Hi Kate

I'm glad u found this site hun... luv u 2 bit's already xx

Dying_Swan
05-11-07, 10:50
Hi Katie :)

I've seen you in chat already. Welcome to the site and I hope you find it really helpful.

xxx :flowers:

honeybee3939
05-11-07, 11:47
Hi Katie

Welcome to NMP, its lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice, support and make new friends too.:smile:

Make sure you check out the Symptoms, How to Cope and First Step pages also that are sittuated on the left hand side of this page, im sure they will help also.

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxxx

manmoor
05-11-07, 11:52
Hi Katie,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

Lindalou64
05-11-07, 12:05
Hello Katie And Welcome To The Site.......linda

margaret911
05-11-07, 16:19
Hi Katie and welcome to this site.
It has been so nice talking to you in the chatroom. Hope this site helps you as much as it helps me. Take care.
love mags xxx

nomorepanic
05-11-07, 19:02
Hi Katie and :welcome:

Lovely to see you here and hope we can be of some help.

Glad you have already met some lovely people in chat as well.

belle
05-11-07, 21:20
Hi and welcome :)

I'm sure you'll get lots of support here.

x

Nibbles
05-11-07, 22:17
Hi Katie and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike :)

kazzie
05-11-07, 22:20
Welcome Katie:D

Luv Kaz x x x:hugs:

groovygranny
05-11-07, 22:27
Hello katie:welcome:to you!

So glad you've found some help already in the chatroom! Plenty more where that came from - we all support one another here!

Pleased to meet you!

:flowers:

trac67
06-11-07, 02:17
Hi

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

take care

Trac xxx

kiwistace
06-11-07, 06:37
Hey Katie - nice to meet you in chat, was great talking to you.

Hope we can all help each other, you will find this site amazing Im sure, just as I am.

Love Cordy xxx