PDA

View Full Version : Spams

whispershadow
19-01-21, 10:45
Is there a way of making the spams posts get held in a queue for the admins to deal with at their leisure, without making new members having to wait until their own posts get checked?

spams invisible to members i mean?

two spams are running rampant all over the forum at the moment?

venusbluejeans
19-01-21, 11:29
all sorted now whisper :)

whispershadow
19-01-21, 11:46
sorry for the millions of reports from the spams, venus, i know it was the last thing admins here need - a heap of spams to sort out

nomorepanic
19-01-21, 16:45
Hi whisper

If you just report one of the posts then we get a post on the admin forum and an email so we know the spammers are around. You don't need to report every post as that must take some time for you. Thanks for reporting them though.

There is no easy way to detect them as they change IP addresses frequently.

whispershadow
19-01-21, 17:16
ok Nic, not being familiar with the tech side of it, is there a quick way for admins to mass-delete spams without every post from one being reported? just making sure it won't take up admin time deleting each post of theirs individually, if only one report per spams is sent in

i'm thinking easiness for the admins, not the amount of time it takes me to report multiple spams

when Willow lets me type cause she wants to sit on the laptop which is making it hard to type

venusbluejeans
19-01-21, 17:30
We can mass delete them but do it from just one reported thread .... today's case there were three different spammers.

Although if they have posted more than a certain amount then we have to then delete them individually

Hope you are doing ok Whisper :)

nomorepanic
19-01-21, 17:31
We delete the posts in batches of about 10 until there are less than 50 and then we can block delete the 50 so we don't have to do them individually as such.

We usually get 2 or 3 people reporting the spam - sometimes the same post and sometimes different ones. It doesn't really matter though as we can see the extent of the spam on the forum when we login.

venusbluejeans
19-01-21, 17:38
We also have 2 admins replying now saying about the same thing haha ... so I shall shhhhh

whispershadow
19-01-21, 20:36
i wish there was a spams jail that the admins could use to stop the spams from posting just while they have time to go through all of them

i just saying, cause you both work hard

*makes cups of tea for venus and Nic and brings a tray with biscuits on as well as the tea*

venusbluejeans
19-01-21, 22:45
Thanks for the biscuits Whisper..... unfortunately, if we put the spammers into Spam jail then all the members would have to go in there too and not be able to post anything as that is how the settings are... so we can't do that

MyNameIsTerry
20-01-21, 03:18
Do it, do it! You know you want too...we've all been very naughty https://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/censored/t10518.gif

venusbluejeans
20-01-21, 16:13
Do it, do it! You know you want too...we've all been very naughty https://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/censored/t10518.gif

Soooo tempting some days :whistles::roflmao:

whispershadow
21-01-21, 16:39

*goes and sits down in the forum jail* :chained::chairfall::roflmao::noangel::noangel: