PDA

View Full Version : It's a long shot, but who remember this news story about 15 years ago?

WiredIncorrectly
22-01-21, 13:24
I was working at my first job in a factory. I remember taking my break in the local cafe and while I was eating I remember a story.

Scientist had managed to break down an apple into atoms and move a short distance. This was back in 2003 maybe. I've been trying to find this study for so long but came up with nothing.

Does anybody remember it?

Lencoboy
22-01-21, 15:35
I was working at my first job in a factory. I remember taking my break in the local cafe and while I was eating I remember a story.

Scientist had managed to break down an apple into atoms and move a short distance. This was back in 2003 maybe. I've been trying to find this study for so long but came up with nothing.

Does anybody remember it?

Definitely doesn't ring any bells with me.

My main recollections of the year 2003 was the start of the second Iraq war and the mass revolts against it, we had a blazing hot summer here in the UK that year, and the word 'chav' suddenly started being used en masse back then.

WiredIncorrectly
22-01-21, 15:44
Definitely doesn't ring any bells with me.

My main recollections of the year 2003 was the start of the second Iraq war and the mass revolts against it, we had a blazing hot summer here in the UK that year, and the word 'chav' suddenly started being used en masse back then.

So true. I remember that summer very well. Do you remember Devo?

It wasn't a major story, but there was half a page on on it. I always remembered that story because I was fascinated with how it's possible to break something into atoms. It stuck with me. Can't find it anywhere though.

chinadoll19
22-01-21, 18:56
I vaguely remember that, if you google teleportation and atoms quite a few articles on the subject come up

NoraB
23-01-21, 07:49
Do you remember Devo?

Great band. Bit weird. 'Whip It' is a classic. :whiplash: Or are you not talking about that Devo? :D

WiredIncorrectly
23-01-21, 15:17
Great band. Bit weird. 'Whip It' is a classic. :whiplash: Or are you not talking about that Devo? :D

HA! I almost forgot about the band. But nope, I mean that Devo :shades: