PDA

View Full Version : I crushed my tin foil hat and got a Google Pixel phone :D

WiredIncorrectly
23-01-21, 15:05
I'm in with the hip crowd now. I'm a smartphone user :roflmao: ... truth be told it's only really for business use so clients can reach me out of the office via whatever messenger they use.

These things have updated a fair bit since my last smart phone in 2012. EE offered me a free phone and a contract so I thought heck why not. Strange how I can get a contract phone under my business name but not under my real name :wacko: Probably a loophole there lol

glassgirlw
23-01-21, 15:38
Hey, welcome to the 21st century lol! I would truly be lost without mine. I don’t actually remember not having a smartphone. I just need the convenience of accessing everything I want to access, at my fingertips. I switched to iPhone about 3 years ago now, but up until then I was a Google phone user.

It is kind of a double edged sword in my opinion. Yes, you can always access any info that you need to access...but you’re also reachable at all hours of the day/night by anyone that has your contact info. It does make it hard for me to “step away” from work at times.

WiredIncorrectly
23-01-21, 15:51
I'm just setting up a couple of applications now. Google docs is very helpful for allowing me to read and edit them from the phone! And the Quickbooks application is so much easier than the website. I'm scrolling through the app store having to resist myself from installing games. I got this itch for 8 ball pool :roflmao: I'm warming up to the idea of having the phone improve parts of my life. I do get worried I'll be reliant on it though.

Phill2
23-01-21, 23:45
I'd like to throw my phone away but my wife keeps saying "what if there's an emergency " so I'm stuck with it.:mad:

WiredIncorrectly
24-01-21, 00:28
I'd like to throw my phone away but my wife keeps saying "what if there's an emergency " so I'm stuck with it.:mad:

Reply back with "What would have done in 1998 should there have been an emergency?" :roflmao:

Phill2
24-01-21, 00:40
Reply back with "What would have done in 1998 should there have been an emergency?" :roflmao:

Good plan but she's say you were a lot younger then.

MyNameIsTerry
24-01-21, 06:28

Simple.

Divorce = No emergency = No phone now

:yesyes: (I hope Mrs Phill isn't reading this :sofa::roflmao:)

MyNameIsTerry
24-01-21, 06:31
Now we're watching you, James!

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/uSWisrng9ro/hqdefault.jpg

(All these years later and I can now see the Mysterons just look like a couple of condoms :biggrin:)

WiredIncorrectly
24-01-21, 10:13
Good plan but she's say you were a lot younger then.

:roflmao: Phil you gave me a good chuckle with this one ha ha!

WiredIncorrectly
24-01-21, 10:15
Now we're watching you, James!

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/uSWisrng9ro/hqdefault.jpg

(All these years later and I can now see the Mysterons just look like a couple of condoms :biggrin:)

I can't stop seeing the 2 condom now you've said that!

Just put one over my phone to see if it stops viruses. Can you still see me?

Phill2
24-01-21, 23:15
Glad to help :yesyes:

Lolalee1
25-01-21, 06:36
I’m going back to carrier pigeons,with all the rain we have had it’s stuffed the internet connection and bloody phone.:mad:
Gotta go down the Library for connection.
As Kevin Bloody Wilson says,Stick that Effing Phone up Ya Effing Ar**e.:yesyes:

Phill2
25-01-21, 09:09
I’m going back to carrier pigeons,with all the rain we have had it’s stuffed the internet connection and bloody phone.:mad:
Gotta go down the Library for connection.
As Kevin Bloody Wilson says,Stick that Effing Phone up Ya Effing Ar**e.:yesyes:

Kev is a legend :yesyes:

NoraB
25-01-21, 09:28
Kev is a legend :yesyes:

You guys need to get Some Macc Lads up ya!

If you like Kevin Bloody Wilson, you'll love them!

Sweaty Betty anyone?

I won't put the YouTube vid on because The Macc Lads are very sweary, rude, and possibly certifiable. Also, I don't fancy the forum ban, but here's the first (and most tamest) line in the lyrics..

She wore big knickers and she worked on the sewage farm..

WARNING. DO NOT GOOGLE THE MACC'S SONGS IF YOU ARE EASILY OFFENDED!!

Phill2
25-01-21, 09:37
I've heard sweaty Betty :yesyes:

WiredIncorrectly
25-01-21, 15:59
I nearly threw this phone up the wall this morning.

It knows far too much. I put in my own home phone number to call my gf while I was at the dentist, and it came up with my business name and address! Even though I'm listed on Google as a business, my address isn't listed. You can do this, it's a box you tick in Google My Business.

I wasn't too pleased about that.

MyNameIsTerry
27-01-21, 06:57
I can't stop seeing the 2 condom now you've said that!

Just put one over my phone to see if it stops viruses. Can you still see me?

No, not now you've shoved a ribbed leopard skin French tickler over it. https://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/sex/t1504.gif

Make sure you shove a fannydom over the wireless charging thingy though :winks:

WiredIncorrectly
27-01-21, 11:14
No, not now you've shoved a ribbed leopard skin French tickler over it. https://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/sex/t1504.gif

Make sure you shove a fannydom over the wireless charging thingy though :winks:

:roflmao:

Are fannydoms still a thing? Every woman who has brought up the conversation says they're horrible.

WiredIncorrectly
27-01-21, 15:16
Google has invented a problem, and this is one of the reasons I hate smart phones.

While I was SMS'ing today it said "Share location". So I asked my partner if her phone has this. She said yes.

If 2 partners have that option on their phone it means the paranoid partner/s can now request location at will, and if it's not shared I hate to image the war from that :roflmao:

Not sure if I'm within my period to send it back.

BikerMatt
27-01-21, 15:56
You guys need to get Some Macc Lads up ya!

If you like Kevin Bloody Wilson, you'll love them!

Sweaty Betty anyone?

I won't put the YouTube vid on because The Macc Lads are very sweary, rude, and possibly certifiable. Also, I don't fancy the forum ban, but here's the first (and most tamest) line in the lyrics..

She wore big knickers and she worked on the sewage farm..

WARNING. DO NOT GOOGLE THE MACC'S SONGS IF YOU ARE EASILY OFFENDED!!

Sweaty Betty........ And played for Wigan at the back of the scrum, didn't she?
Love the Macc lads Nora:yesyes:

The opening lyrics to More Tea Vicar are tremendous!

MyNameIsTerry
28-01-21, 06:26
:roflmao:

Are fannydoms still a thing? Every woman who has brought up the conversation says they're horrible.

I'm not sure, I've never come across one (pun maybe intended :whistles:). Up ere, with age, a bag for life probably suffices now :sofa: I'm remembering the women in the office once discussing their 'bucket fannies' :ohmy: working in an office full of women can be quite an eye opener :roflmao:

(is it just me or does 'bag for life' sound like the description of a marriage?).

I wonder what our American friends are thinking? Fanny being an arse they must be thinking we all love it that way :blush::roflmao:

And whatever happened to dental dams? Never seen or heard of their use.

Surely internet buzzwords should have developed by now e.g. 'double bagging' when using condom & fannydom?

Also...fannydom just sounds like somewhere Trump could claim to be a ruler? :yesyes:

WiredIncorrectly
12-02-21, 13:05
The phone is gone. Thank goodness for that!

I hated that people automatically expected me to reply instantly. Google and other apps were slurping up so much data that I found some of the phones features very freaky.

I'm back with my 8310.