PDA

View Full Version : Back again thinking the worst

lees6655
24-01-21, 08:44
Thinking the worst again not feeling well at all for the last month or so I have had a cough shortness of breath and soar throat and feel like somethings stuck in my throat . I have suffered with these symptoms before but just don't feel good I also have an aching body and joints iam thinking the worst again. I don't know what to do I have looked at my previous threads and know I have had most of these symptoms before . I have been stressed the last couple of months and been really busy at work. I don't know if my doctors are seeing patients yet because of covid so don't know what to do iam thinking the worst again .

NoraB
24-01-21, 09:12
I don't know if my doctors are seeing patients yet because of covid so don't know what to do iam thinking the worst again .

What is that you're thinking you have?

lees6655
24-01-21, 09:44
Cancer is my my main worry

NoraB
24-01-21, 09:48
Cancer is my my main worry

Yup. Always is with HA.

How many time have you been proved right so far?

I'm guessing zero.

Same here, and I've had most imaginary cancers in my time. I've 'died' more time than Kenny (South Park) me. :whistles:

HA is a convincing bugger isn't it?

lees6655
24-01-21, 10:03
Thank you for your replys NoraB i hate having HA but its something I know I will have to live with but it so hard when you think the worst

NoraB
24-01-21, 10:23
Thank you for your replys NoraB i hate having HA but its something I know I will have to live with but it so hard when you think the worst

Are you having any therapy for the HA?

lees6655
24-01-21, 11:46
Are you having any therapy for the HA?

Not at the minute but I had some last year

NessMonster
24-01-21, 17:19
I'm sorry you're going through a difficult time and it sounds like you're feeling kind of demoralized in fighting your HA. It's hard and exhausting, so completely understandable. I would always encourage people to see a Healthcare provider if they were unwell but also to think about what could be going on for you more commonly or whether they are your typical symptoms of anxiety that you experience? Either way, the best thing may be to ring your doc as you won't know if they're seeing patients till you check it out. Some are... Mine are. Maybe it's also worth thinking about whether you want to engage in some more mental health support.

I know it feels endless but this is not hopeless. I truly believe you can reach a place in which it feels less present in your daily life, I think it's just finding the right people to support you to get there.

lees6655
24-01-21, 22:51
I'm sorry you're going through a difficult time and it sounds like you're feeling kind of demoralized in fighting your HA. It's hard and exhausting, so completely understandable. I would always encourage people to see a Healthcare provider if they were unwell but also to think about what could be going on for you more commonly or whether they are your typical symptoms of anxiety that you experience? Either way, the best thing may be to ring your doc as you won't know if they're seeing patients till you check it out. Some are... Mine are. Maybe it's also worth thinking about whether you want to engage in some more mental health support.

I know it feels endless but this is not hopeless. I truly believe you can reach a place in which it feels less present in your daily life, I think it's just finding the right people to support you to get there.

Thank you for your reply I will try my doctors tomorrow

lees6655
06-04-21, 19:15
Well I feel so fed up can not seam to shake this cough and soar throat constantly clearing my throat iam really thinking the worst again and can not see a way out of this . I had an ENT appointment a month or so ago he had a good look around my sinuses and had a look down my throat and said he couldn't see any problems but iam convinced I have esophagus cancer .

Kuraimoar
06-04-21, 20:58
I think if you had even the start of cancer the doctor would have seen it. A couple years ago my dad had some symptoms so he went to an ent. They found precancerous cells and removed the places in question. It doesn't seem possible they would have missed cancer. If it makes you feel better I have a sore throat and clear my throat all the time and I don't have cancer.

lees6655
06-04-21, 23:48
Thanks for your reply Kuraimoar i will try and think positive

lees6655
16-04-21, 05:42
Still not feeling good thinking this is it now for me tried ringing the doctors for over 2 weeks engaged all day I had to go to the doctors to book an appointment for the 20th of April just for a telephone consultation I honestly can not see a way out of this my symptoms are no better and now have blood in my saliva from my throat

Rluvz
16-04-21, 07:44
Hi! Omg i am having mucus in my throat too recently. I mean if i was sick I would feel fever and stuff but no it’s just this symptom and constant clearing of throat, some cough. Feels irritating as well on the neck. So scary but i am too going to see an ent. I did consider gerd, but did a gastroscope and they said it was fine.

Well wishes. Hope you be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anglo
16-04-21, 08:36
I had that coughing and "stuffy throat" feeling for a while. They said it could be my diet (I'll admit my diet isn't very good) and/or nasal drip I think it was called. Pretty much when I was lying down mucus would drip from my nose down my throat and I'd be coughing it up and getting an irritated throat. I'm still clearing my throat and coughing stuff up even now, it's not a very nice habit to have. I think mine gets worse with anxiety and the more I think about it the more irritated it all feels. I wonder if you're the same.

Remember if you're so concerned you don't only have to see your GP. There are walk in centres, A&E and 111 (either online or on the phone) which may be able to advise you. Me and some of my family have even managed to avoid the wait at the doctors altogether by speaking to a pharmacist! Worth a try!

lees6655
16-04-21, 17:59
Thanks for your replys

Anglo
17-04-21, 09:02
I remembered something this morning and immediately thought about this thread. I was told to drink warm water (out of the kettle, not the tap) to help soften up any snot or mucus in my throat. Obviously be careful not to burn yourself, put cold water in the hot water until it's cool enough that you can drink it. It might help anybody who coughs up phlegm.

lees6655
17-04-21, 13:40
Thanks Anglo

lees6655
18-04-21, 17:59
Feeling so fed up I can not see any way out feel like this is it for me

Fishmanpa
18-04-21, 23:20
Feeling so fed up I can not see any way out feel like this is it for me

Do you not think, that in the three months since you started this thread, you'd be deathly ill by now? :huh:

Positive thoughts

lees6655
19-04-21, 00:42
Hi Fishmanpa yes I have thought that but feel like iam getting worse and I have never had the blood in my throat before

Anglo
19-04-21, 08:22
Have you managed to see anybody about the blood in your throat? My dad had the same and it was because he was coughing so much but it wasn't something serious. Still, it's always good to get checked out with things like that especially if you're concerned. :) You can ring 111 and they'll have a chat with you then decide what's next, they might even get through to the doctors for you so you can speak to them. It might be a bit of a wait to get through to 111 but I'm sure it'll be worth it for your peace of mind.

lees6655
19-04-21, 18:26
Hi Anglo I have a telephone consultation tomorrow with my doctor so I will tell him and see what he thinks thanks for your reply

lees6655
22-04-21, 00:03
Well the doctor is sending me to have a chest x ray not feeling great at the minute my sinuses are bad at the minute I just hope its my sinuses that is causing the other problems