PDA

View Full Version : Worried about ALS - Someone help calm me UGH!

KR21
24-01-21, 16:57
I cannot believe I am here posting. I have had health anxiety for a long time, but never THIS bad with ALS. It started about a year ago. I started having aches and pains in my left arm and slight weakness or "fatigue" in the arm. This is the arm I have carried my almost 3 year old in since birth. I honestly just thought it was from that. But then when I went to the Spine doctor for neck pain she noted to me that I have hyper reflexes. I feel like I have had that my whole life and no one ever mentioned it? But im not positive. Anywho, I googled of course and linked my arm pain and weakness to my hyper reflexes and now I am terrified of ALS. Now my arm feels even weaker and now I am getting twitches all over my body.. arms, legs, shoulder, stomach, eye, belly, everywhere small minor little twitches. I also noticed that when I am scrolling on my phone with my left hand my thumb will shake almost like a tremor?? I think I am wearing my left arm and hand out by using it so much.

I can still pour a milk into a sippy with my left arm (full gallon) and can do things with it normally. It just feels so fatigued when I do use it often. I feel like I am just overusing it at this point trying to prove to myself that its fine and im making it worse. I dont know. UGH! I am miserable and just need to vent.

Fishmanpa
24-01-21, 20:51
Read THIS (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?232384-ALS-and-why-you-DON-T-have-it!) as many times as you need to.

Positive thoughts

KR21
25-01-21, 00:27
Thank you :) Seeing neurologist in a few days. Praying its nothing but so scared.

KR21
28-01-21, 15:12
Thank you :) Seeing neurologist in a few days. Praying its nothing but so scared.

Seen Neurologist.. awaiting EMG test. Please send positive thoughts and vibes and prayers my way!! Though they said I should not worry and they don’t see any signs I have ALS, my anxiety won’t allow me to believe that until the test is done because I’m scared they overlooked or missed something. Anxiety is fun.