PDA

View Full Version : Worst Case ever

u0000998
05-11-07, 18:57
Hi

I am not new to generalised anxiety & depression. When it strikes, it strikes with such force.

I feel just about hysterical with this. I am constantly worried about how I am feeling, my mental health. I feel that I am on some parallel universe of worry, foreboding, dread, shaking, nausea, vomitting, loss of apetite, lack of sleep etc etc.
I really do think at the moment i am the worst case that there is?? I feel so agitated and worried and down. Just wanted to vent - I feel so alone.

Jo:weep: :shrug:

nomorepanic
05-11-07, 19:04
Hi Jo

I think we all think we are the worst case ever and no-one else can get it as bad as we did but there is always someone out there that has been through the same things and come out the other side and you can too.

What help and support are you getting?

u0000998
05-11-07, 19:10
Hi there

I have been on citalopram for a few years but came off them in the summer and wham here I go again.

I have been taking them again now for 2 weeks but feel no effect. Wake up at 3.30 in the morning so the doc has given me something to help me sleep for a week. I feel so agitated and worried about myself.

nomorepanic
05-11-07, 19:34
Has he offered you any therapy like CBT?

u0000998
05-11-07, 19:39
yes had it over the summer when I felt fine. Can't even begin to use it at the moment - I am so anxiuos

Breatheon
05-11-07, 19:55
Sorry to hear that you are suffering so badly with it at the moment. I think it can be worse in the autumn / winter months for a number of reasons and that is when mine has been the worst.

The problem with this anxiety is that the mind makes it become a vicious circle very quickly. Time is certainly a great help, and over time I have realised that all the terrible symptoms which I think are going to kill me haven't done so, which means that when I get them again I can start to challenge my negative thoughts. CBT certainly helps to do this though, and I would recommend continuing with a course of it.

Take care and hope you're feeling better soon.

margaret911
05-11-07, 20:05
Hi Jo
Sorry you are not feeling well at the moment but just remember you got well before and you will again, it just takes time and time is a great healer. Take care.
love Mags xxx

joelhall
06-11-07, 01:39
keep venting mate venting is good therapy in itself. alot of anxiety is pent up frustration and stress, so its good to have a nice rant.

i know how you feel though. ive been obsessive sometimes about all my symptoms. im constantly dizzy weak shaky, jittery, tired, jumpy, i feel like im losing everything (at least everything i havent already lost cos of this which has been a hell of a lot) im desperate to get better, although ive had other problems such as suffering from stress related illness, nervous exhaustion, and im pretty sure that im dying and have damaged the nerves in my right leg).

however mate, like i said venting helps as long as you do it well.

i wish you al the luck, i wouldnt wish this on my worst enemy:weep: :weep: :weep: