PDA

View Full Version : Headache caused by Ozium air sanitizer spray-will I be ok??

Logarn
27-01-21, 05:01
My roommate sprayed Ozium sanitizer spray which is Triethylene Glycol and Propylene Glycol and some other chemicals (isopropanol) around 30 minutes before I came in the room and I noticed the room smelled really strongly and I had a mild irritation in my throat/eyes. I left the building after a couple minutes because the scent was bothering me. He later told me he was just supposed to spray it for only 1 second few seconds but he walked around spraying it for around 20-30 seconds having not read the directions. I have had some mild nausea after that went away quickly but I had a headache for most of the day. The bottle has warnings on it that seem scary to me. I am panicking that my headache means I have brain damage and that the eye burning could have damaged my eyes. I wasn't in the room when the aerosol was being sprayed which is good but the fact that he accidently used 20-30 times the recommended amount is freaking me out. I have really bad health anxiety so I can't tell if I am worrying about nothing and this is just a normal reaction to a mild irritation by a chemical or if this is super dangerous. Anyone have any insight regarding this? Thanks!

venusbluejeans
27-01-21, 12:45
this is just a normal reaction to a mild irritation by a chemical

This one if any

Fishmanpa
27-01-21, 12:52
I assume your roommate is perfectly fine? I agree that stuff is strong but the scenario poses no risk.

Positive thoughts

Logarn
27-01-21, 22:43
I assume your roommate is perfectly fine? I agree that stuff is strong but the scenario poses no risk.

Positive thoughts

Yeah, my roommate didn't have any symptoms. He was wearing a KN95 mask for covid reasons which I thought might have protected him but after reading about it I am not sure those masks help from fumes/vapors anyway. Maybe I am just sensitive to smells/chemicals or it just triggered a headache that was coming on for other reasons?

Fishmanpa
27-01-21, 22:52
I can assure you masks don't block odors.... Don't ask! :roflmao:

Positive thoughts