PDA

View Full Version : Brain to Brain communication is a thing

WiredIncorrectly
27-01-21, 12:49
Mind blowing science talk at World Science Festival.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SObhSqYglvQ

NoraB
28-01-21, 07:54
Tried this on my husband..

I concentrated, really hard, on him making me a cup of tea and breaking open a packet of Garibaldi biscuits..

Result: He let out the loudest fart in history and took his socks off.

No tea. No Garibaldis.

That said, it's probably best that he can't read my thoughts ha ha :madness:

MyNameIsTerry
28-01-21, 08:02
Tried this on my husband..

I concentrated, really hard, on him making me a cup of tea and breaking open a packet of Garibaldi biscuits..

Result: He let out the loudest fart in history and took his socks off.

No tea. No Garibaldis.

That said, it's probably best that he can't read my thoughts ha ha :madness:

He can, just not the way you were thinking. He thinks he can get away with farting, taking his socks off and leaving you to make your tea. Why? Because at the moment he looked over at you he didn't realise you not actually lookingvat him but just lookimg in his direction whilst daydreaming about a semi naked Tom Hardy.

So, he thinks that's what you see when you look at him. He thinks he can get away with anything now :roflmao:

WiredIncorrectly
28-01-21, 08:36
Without a doubt every day I'm guaranteed a laugh. You paid rock!

NoraB
28-01-21, 08:37
He can, just not the way you were thinking. He thinks he can get away with farting, taking his socks off and leaving you to make your tea. Why? Because at the moment he looked over at you he didn't realise you not actually lookingvat him but just lookimg in his direction whilst daydreaming about a semi naked Tom Hardy.

Does this mean he's looking at me and imagining Wendy James? :unsure:

I mean, that would take some serious imaginative skills or alcohol/drugs influence..:roflmao:

MyNameIsTerry
29-01-21, 06:23
Does this mean he's looking at me and imagining Wendy James? :unsure:

I mean, that would take some serious imaginative skills or alcohol/drugs influence..:roflmao:

I had to look her up as my dysfunctional brain kept seeing Wendy Craig as the matron in The Royal and I was about to suggest something about uniforms :whistles:

NoraB
29-01-21, 07:31
I had to look her up as my dysfunctional brain kept seeing Wendy Craig as the matron in The Royal and I was about to suggest something about uniforms :whistles:

I'll always see Wendy Craig as Ria in Butterflies. :yesyes:

The reason I came to know about Hubs and his liking for Wendy James is when we were watching TOTP on BBC 2 one night and it was an 80s special..

I quote..

"I'd do her a favour!"

Then it turns out that she was his teenage crush, bless him. No doubt many a sock will have been filled thinking about Miss James! :yesyes:

Buster70
29-01-21, 19:19

The reason I came to know about Hubs and his liking for Wendy James is when we were watching TOTP on BBC 2 one night and it was an 80s special..

I quote..

"I'd do her a favour!"

Then it turns out that she was his teenage crush, bless him. No doubt many a sock will have been filled thinking about Miss James! :yesyes:
Shatter his dreams she’s now 55 and time has evened things up a little , they gave a poster of her away with Transvision vamps 12” single ( look up 12” inch single if you’re under forty it’s not dirty talk ) the poster may have influenced me buying it there was no internet back then .
Now a question if you could read minds would you really want to ?

Fishmanpa
29-01-21, 22:12
I have my doubts.... I was looking deep into my cat's eyes and telling him to come cuddle. He just walked away.... :lac:

Positive thoughts

NoraB
30-01-21, 07:35
Shatter his dreams she’s now 55 and time has evened things up a little , they gave a poster of her away with Transvision vamps 12” single ( look up 12” inch single if you’re under forty it’s not dirty talk ) the poster may have influenced me buying it there was no internet back then .

Already been shattered Buster. Wendy was doing an interview not so long ago and his face was a picture!

I've had many a 12" in my time Buster. I even had a blue one! :yesyes:

Now a question if you could read minds would you really want to ?

Yes and no.

Yes, because it would be harder for people to lie to me. No, because I know the kind of shit that's in my head and it's best that people don't know. :roflmao:

MyNameIsTerry
30-01-21, 07:38
Already been shattered Buster. Wendy was doing an interview not so long ago and his face was a picture!

I've had many a 12" in my time Buster. I even had a blue one! :yesyes:

Yes and no.

Yes, because it would be harder for people to lie to me. No, because I know the kind of shit that's in my head and it's best that people don't know. :roflmao:

That's one big varicose vein :roflmao:

MyNameIsTerry
30-01-21, 07:41

I quote..

"I'd do her a favour!"

:roflmao:

Favour? Perhaps he meant something men do for women like take the bins out or put up a shelf? So maybe he was just considering erecting something she might find useful? :whistles:

NoraB
30-01-21, 07:48
That's one big varicose vein :roflmao:

The blue 12" is The Damned Eloise..

"And every night I'm there I break my heart to please.."

That'll explain the varicose vein then. :roflmao:

Buster70
30-01-21, 22:52
Bugger that is a thought that if others could read my mind they’d know when an intrusive thought pops in my head suggesting I kick them in to the traffic , throw myself of a cliff or when I see a big bloke in the supermarket with a beard and I want to pull it .
Even if it is a thing it couldn’t ever work between a man and a woman we don’t know what each other are thinking even when it’s said out loud , hinted at , written down , sprayed on a wall , tattooed on your forehead, still sorry I didn’t know that’s what you wanted , I’m not a bloody mind reader .

NoraB
31-01-21, 07:34
Even if it is a thing it couldn’t ever work between a man and a woman we don’t know what each other are thinking even when it’s said out loud , hinted at , written down , sprayed on a wall , tattooed on your forehead, still sorry I didn’t know that’s what you wanted , I’m not a bloody mind reader .

Hubs hates my memory recall. To be honest, it's not as fantastic as it used to be - age, illness, menopause etc - but it still buggers him up..:yesyes:

He also hates it when I can prove him wrong..

Recent example was a heated convo about a bike box in one of our local roads (which we use EVERY day) which he swore blind didn't exist. So the fool bet me £20. Next time we drove up that road, I said, 'Ooh, look, a bike in a box! The dude went pale, but recovered sufficiently to try and BS me into saying that 'it must be a recent thing then'. :lac:

Buster70
31-01-21, 16:05
Hubs hates my memory recall. To be honest, it's not as fantastic as it used to be - age, illness, menopause etc - but it still buggers him up..:yesyes:

He also hates it when I can prove him wrong..

Recent example was a heated convo about a bike box in one of our local roads (which we use EVERY day) which he swore blind didn't exist. So the fool bet me £20. Next time we drove up that road, I said, 'Ooh, look, a bike in a box! The dude went pale, but recovered sufficiently to try and BS me into saying that 'it must be a recent thing then'. :lac:
Yeah I know that road it’s a very recent change ( what ever a bike box is , but definitely recently changed ) :shades:

NoraB
01-02-21, 07:07
Yeah I know that road it’s a very recent change ( what ever a bike box is , but definitely recently changed ) :shades:

Yeah, it's like Countryfile never having been shown at 7pm. That was last night's argument where Hubs swore blind it's always been 6pm. Again, this was easy to prove so I've screen-shotted about ten episodes which show the time as 7pm - also Countryfile Facebook posts which say 'Countryfile is on at 7pm tonight' and sent them to his WhatsApp along with an 'Are these yours?' comment and a picture of Liam Gallagher flicking the V sign. :yesyes:

pulisa
01-02-21, 14:14
He should know better rather than argue a point of fact with you, Nora...I would never dare challenge my son on James Bond GoldenEye script details..

Has Countryfile EVER had its time slot changed due to World Cup football matches or major news events...?

Buster70
01-02-21, 20:22
Yeah definitely a recent change to the showing time of country file ,it’s since the clocks went forward making its showing time technically 6 or in real time 7 ,now I’ve confused myself , us men are very rarely wrong just misinformed, I’m not sure I’d admit to knowing what time of day country file is on , should be watching something more masculine like Loose women :yesyes:

pulisa
01-02-21, 20:55
If you were watching Countryfile in Cape Verde it would be on at 6pm when we are on GMT time and 5pm, BST.

I've never watched Countryfile though..either in Cape Verde or the UK...

NoraB
02-02-21, 08:15
Has Countryfile EVER had its time slot changed due to World Cup football matches or major news events...?

Yes, on numerous occasions. I think it was on at 6pm this Sunday? But his claim was that it's never been on at 7pm, and old Nora knows that's not true.

You know better than most people P - details and autism. :yesyes:

NoraB
02-02-21, 08:18
I’m not sure I’d admit to knowing what time of day country file is on , should be watching something more masculine like Loose women :yesyes:

Countryfile is hardcore Buster. This week was sweaty men shearing sheep. :yesyes:

pulisa
02-02-21, 08:30
Yes, on numerous occasions. I think it was on at 6pm this Sunday? But his claim was that it's never been on at 7pm, and old Nora knows that's not true.

You know better than most people P - details and autism. :yesyes:

I'd say your husband is a brave man to dare to challenge your knowledge but maybe he wants one day to get the better of your impressive recall?:)

NoraB
02-02-21, 08:43
I'd say your husband is a brave man to dare to challenge your knowledge but maybe he wants one day to get the better of your impressive recall?:)

Problem is that it fraggles my brain when he challenges what I 100% know to be right. It's not so bad when I can prove something (as with bike box and Countryfile) but that's not always possible and I struggle with what's not true being claimed as the truth. It blows my circuits. It's one for the therapist lol because I can't let stuff like that go..:scared15:

As for my youngest, I would bet every penny I have on him being able to name all of the Pokemon - and in 2020 there were over 800!

He doesn't remember to clean his teeth, change his pants, and he's still in danger of being run over due to poor road sense - but he's shit-hot with Pokemon! :yesyes:

pulisa
02-02-21, 14:30
I used to like Jigglypuff... (Pommeluff in German) Maybe your lad can learn all the Pokemon names in German for some variety and additional knowledge?:D

NoraB
03-02-21, 06:36
I used to like Jigglypuff... (Pommeluff in German) Maybe your lad can learn all the Pokemon names in German for some variety and additional knowledge?:D

My faves are Litten, Machop, and Butterfree. I have my own trainer ball (only issue is that it's pink) and card courtesy of my son and I have been known to ponce around in the woods trying to 'catch' Pokemon - which, as you can probably appreciate - thrills my lad no end! Hubs is too self-conscious for that kind of malarkey but mummy has no such issues lol :roflmao:

pulisa
03-02-21, 08:24
My daughter had over 100 Polly Pocket dolls and a collection of over 20 Shelley dolls which had to be dressed by me before school every morning..I don't miss those days..:D

NoraB
03-02-21, 11:01
My daughter had over 100 Polly Pocket dolls and a collection of over 20 Shelley dolls which had to be dressed by me before school every morning..I don't miss those days..:D

It was primarily books and music with me. Still is.

People used to buy me the stereotypical girl toys but I never played with them in the stereotypical way ha! Prams were modified into go karts and I used to nick my brother's toy guns to re-enact police dramas like The Professionals. :yesyes:

AntsyVee
04-02-21, 02:45
The things I could do with this ability... you should probably all be glad this is not well-developed yet :sly: