PDA

View Full Version : Constant peeing at night!

jmhb433
27-01-21, 15:24
Hi guys,

I've had a real health anxiety flare-up recently.

Over the last few days, I have noticed I am peeing a lot more than usual. I even went as far as to measure what's going in and what's going out (intake and output) and i'm pissing out more than i'm drinking, for sure.
It's not really a problem in the day but it disturbs me two to three times a night, which definitely isn't normal for me.

No burning or pain so I very much doubt it's a UTI. Freaking out over all of the terrible things google says.

All I can think of is that I went back on my meds (ssri's and mood stabilisers and thyroid) but none of these mention weeing in the side effects. I'm also coming on to my period so could be losing water weight, but again, this isn't normal for me.

Any help would be GREATLY greatly appreciated.

Jess

Fishmanpa
27-01-21, 15:36
First off, excess urination is definitely a symptom of anxiety. A physical response from the flight or flight reaction to what you or your body perceives as a threat. The other side of the coin is due to the stress, you're just not eliminating everything as you're not relaxed. I don't know your age but prostate issues tend to do the same thing as we grow older. I'll be 62 and I haven't had a solid night's sleep in probably 20 years! I'm up typically 2-3 times during the night and then have to deal with difficulty going, weak flow and never really feeling like I've emptied out. Ahhh the joys of getting old!

Positive thoughts

lofwyr
27-01-21, 15:52
First off, excess urination is definitely a symptom of anxiety. A physical response from the flight or flight reaction to what you or your body perceives as a threat. The other side of the coin is due to the stress, you're just not eliminating everything as you're not relaxed. I don't know your age but prostate issues tend to do the same thing as we grow older. I'll be 62 and I haven't had a solid night's sleep in probably 20 years! I'm up typically 2-3 times during the night and then have to deal with difficulty going, weak flow and never really feeling like I've emptied out. Ahhh the joys of getting old!

Positive thoughts

Right? Only 50, and haven't slept through the night in ages.

My solution is I try to make sure I don't intake any serious amount of fluids after about 8PM (going to bed at midnight usually). That often keeps my nocturnal bathroom trips to one.

jmhb433
27-01-21, 16:16
Thanks guys. I am a 30yr old female, so I could probably hazard a guess that it isn't my prosrate!

I am heavily anxious and stressed atm due to money and job loss, so could be - but i was under the impression that anxiety didn't actually make you physically produce more wee, just feel the urge to go?

I feel well otherwise, other than being depressed.

Sparky16
30-01-21, 18:54
Getting up in the night to go isn't surprising. I found as I got older that I no longer sleep as deeply as I did when I was a kid or in my 20's, and I have to get up one or two times a night to use the bathroom. Also, if you are stressed, you won't be sleeping as well as you normally would, which will let your bladder interrupt your sleep more often.

Fishmanpa
30-01-21, 19:02
The worst part is the urge to pee enters into my dreams. I can't tell you how many times I've gone searching for a bathroom in my dreams, dream I'm going and still feel like I have to pee! ~lol~ That's when I usually wake up and go. Fortunately, I haven't wet the bed! :roflmao:

Positive thoughts

Carnation
30-01-21, 20:40
I generally get up 2 to 3 times in the night to pee.
It doesn't matter whether I don't drink well before bed time or not. I've accepted it now as part of my routine.. At least I get to see the moon and the sunrise in between.

Sparky16
30-01-21, 21:09
I have the same problem, Fishmanpa, and I'd rather get up several times a night than to spend all my dreams looking for bathrooms!