PDA

View Full Version : Another Newbie

due tramonti
05-11-07, 20:36
Hi. My name is Emily. I am eighteen years old, and have been suffering with my anxiety for a good number of years now. Although I have never been to a doctor to get properly diagnosed, it seems clear enough to me that something is wrong.
Suffering with anxiety has made me feel very alone. My friends and family do not understand it at all, and so subsequently I have been left to deal with it myself.
On a day-to-day basis, things are incredibly difficult for me. Even simple tasks, such as eating in front of other people, going up to someone I don't know and asking for directions, catching a bus to college, going out with friends, buying stuff from shops...all these and more are effected by my anxiety and my inability to stop panicking about the smallest, most insignificant details. Today was my first day of work experience at a local hospital, and of course it was horrifically frightening for me. I still have another two weeks of it, but yet I got home this evening and started crying for a good hour because I am so scared of what tomorrow will bring. The work is easy, the people there are lovely...but I cannot deal with it the way others can. I seek support from friends, but they are all loving their placements, while I am wrecked with fear.
I decided to join these forums because I think I need to do something. I am so tired of suffering like this, and so tired of no one understanding.
Please be gentle with me. :unsure:

Believe
05-11-07, 20:52
Hi Emily,

Welcome to NMP. Hope you enjoy your stay. You will get loads of advice here. There's lots to read on the left hand side.

Try to stay positive, you can do this, and you aren't alone. We all understand. People who don't have these issues can't understand. I hope that you will feel better soon.

Are you getting any help, doctors, meds, cbt?

Hope to see you around.
Take Care
Believe
I Believe That We All Will Get Better!

honeybee3939
05-11-07, 21:13
Hi Emily

Welcome to NMP, its lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice support and make new friends too.

You wont be alone here hun, you amongst people that understand just how you are feeling.:hugs:

Make sure you check out the Symptoms, How to Cope and First Step Pages also that are sittuated at the left hand side of this page.:)

Love and hugs
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

nomorepanic
05-11-07, 21:33
Hi Emily

:welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

groovygranny
05-11-07, 22:25
Hello Emily:welcome:to you!

It's difficult for people to sympathise when they don't understand - but don't worry love - we're all in the same boat here so you're among people who understand exactly what you're going through, and we all help and support each other.

I think a visit to have a chat with your doc may be wise at this stage eh?

Glad you found us though - pleased to meet you!

:flowers:

Nibbles
05-11-07, 22:28
Hi Emily and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike :)

trac67
06-11-07, 02:14
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

take care

Trac xxx

Lindalou64
06-11-07, 02:16
Hello Emily Welcome To The Site....linda