PDA

View Full Version : Very scared - aware of heart ALL the time

Tarsh
05-11-07, 23:56
Hi there..... I have done alot of reading on this webiste which I find excellent.

I amm suffering from a lot of anxiety/panic related syptoms but the one that scares me the most is the racing heart to the point where I am contactly checking my pulse and worry if its high.... just sitting at my desk working its about 85 beats a minute....sometime up to 100.... is it high because I am constantly checking and worrying about it? I went to my doctor last week and he did an ECG and Bloods which were clear, laying inbed last night relalxed it was a nice 65 beats a minute.

My questions are... would the ECG have shown any problems with my heart, can I stop worrying about it? Does any one else suffer with this, please let me know, I am really not sure how much more I can take now, I constantly cry and have even spent the last few nights with my Mum (I am 35)!!!

I really feel like I am going to die.

Thank you for your time

TracyL
06-11-07, 00:31
Hi Tarsh

I know exactly how you feel hun. I suffer very badly with missed/extra beats which drive me insane. I have had them constantly for the past 5 weeks. Had tests etc all ok. I know my doctor told me that when we are anxious we constantly monitor what is going on in our bodies and because we can often feel the heartbeat its hard to ignore it. I was told that by taking my pulse etc it causes more anxiety which releases more adrenalin which can make the heart beater faster or irregular.

Try and relax and you can always go back to your doctor for more reassurance if you feel the need.

Keep smiling, you're not alone

Tracy

Tarsh
06-11-07, 00:43
Thank you for replying, I am soo scared, I cant eat and cry alot..... Just cant see a way through this.

angiebaby
06-11-07, 01:02
I know what you are going through too. I am the same. I also have ectopics which make matters worse for me.
Bonfire night tonight and i have done the cooking for this, did really well, but my heart was going so fast i thought i would die at any moment. It was doing 120 whilst i was in the kitchen and i do not find this acceptable by any means. It stayed high all night, even sitting it was 100 and even worse after i had eaten, always goes up then anyway.
But it is now 78 and i am happier with that, still here, writing this. But i do hate it very, very much.
There was an article i read not so long ago about a woman who bought a heart monitor so she could check her pulse to exercise and lose weight. It made her very conscious of her pulse rate and she started to wear it all the time and check her pulse while she was doing everyday things. She listed a few things which i can't remember, but i do remember one and that was pulse rate of 120bpm whilst putting on a t shirt! This has stuck in my mind because my heart does 120 quite often and it scares me, and i try and remember that woman and think that she was going through the same and without my problems so i must be ok too. Sometimes it makes me feel a little better about it, but i still hate it.x