PDA

View Full Version : My Convention!

Gryphoenix
06-11-07, 02:11
I had a post on here about how scared I was that I would panic before and during the anime convention I went to in which I sold some of my artwork. I was so scared that I would be TOO excited the week of, the day before, and the morning of that by the time I got to the convention center I would be a wreck. I had a bad bout in a building next door and I kept thinking about how it could happen again. I was running around at the last minute trying to finish my costume and some of my art that I was selling and the stress was mounting. Especially since last year I was extremely stressed out because of this I assumed that I would be so again.

I really was planning my panics unconciously.

And I panicked--not once. Not even once.

On Friday it was the first time in a loooong time I experienced a day without any real anxiety. I was a little nervous, yes, but it didn't seem to affect me as it usually does. My mind was so pre-occupied with the convention and having a blast and wearing my costume (I dressed up as Reno from Final Fantasy) that I had ignored what I was 'feeling' like. I usually watch my heart very carefully (an old fear) and get anxious when it gets high but I didn't even notice my pulse or heartbeat even once that day. I just had fun. It was more like I had this sort of 'wow, I'm here, aren't I? I've waited all year for this' feeling. I half-expected to panic when I came in sight of the convention center but as I approached I instead was happy and excited in a good way, with that 'wow, I'm actually here and I'm okay' feeling.

Saturday was a little different as I was trying to finish a load of commissions and was getting a little ansy about not being able to finish it in time for people to come pick it up in time.

Also I nearly missed the Final Fantasy photoshoot and I had raced across the center to get back to my table to pick up my mock weapon (a silver baton of sorts) because I couldn' t be seen without it (lol, I'm a stickler for accuracy this year with my costume) and I was like "OH I'm GOING TO BE LATE!" so by the time I raced back across the convention center to the doors and out towards the fountains where the shoot was I was palpatating a little. But I ignored it because I was concentrating on how great it was to see the other Final Fantasy cosplayers. I think this is important because if it was anything else I would be panicking on ectopics and palps and how freaked out I was and if I would be able to catch my breath or my heart was beating too fast or something and I was completely hopped up on adrenaline by then (took me a couple of hours to get back to normal after that, lol, took of my suit jacket cause I had gotten sweaty after all that). But I was so distracted that it didn't matter. When I got back to my table I felt a bit nervous over what had happened but I think because everything had calmed down by then and I had time to think. When I had no time to think it didn't matter. And anyway this proved to me that I CAN take frantic hyper spazzing and not die from a heart attack or something. Because I'm still here, aren't I? :yesyes:

So anyway I just wanted to let you all know how it went. I did end up being more successful this year than last year and I got some nice moments in character, if you will. :D I realized that I can take stress and go through stuff like this and come out okay. If you told me last week that I would be perfectly alright without any PA's or even be fairly anxious I would have laughed.

Bill
06-11-07, 03:17
Well, "I" was pretty confident that this golden phoenix would be fine and Really enjoy everything!:winks:

This should give you tremendous confidence for the future. Always remind yourself what you've achieved and I'm quite sure you'll go from strength to strength.

Remember what you did and how you coped so you can put those things into practise every time, and you'll have learnt what works for you!

Brilliant, phoenix. I truly feel So pleased for you! :hugs:

honeybee3939
06-11-07, 19:42
Hi

And a big WELL DONE from me :yesyes: , just goes to show that the anticipation is always worse when the actual event, be proud of yourself hun, that was a BIG achievement for you !:yesyes:

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxxx

Believe
06-11-07, 20:30
Hi

Well done there. I am so glade you had a great time. I hope that you got pictures for us.

Take Care
Believe
I Believe That We All Will Get Better!

Gryphoenix
08-11-07, 03:27
Thank you all, I appreciate it! I'm always so surprised how much the anticipation is worse than the actual event. :D

Ooh pictures. :D I have to get people's permission to use them though because I've got like a ton of people in every other shot. But I'll try! :D I'm still waiting on some pictures to come in anyway.

jitterbug
08-11-07, 11:55
well done :D thats excellent :D:D:D