PDA

View Full Version : How to 'accept' anxiety

hopeful
06-11-07, 11:02
Whilst reading through old threads I read this,written by Meg.
You have to accept anxiety in the same way that you accept that today is Tuesday.
Today is Tuesday,what can I do to enjoy the day?
This is anxiety,what can I do to enjoy the day?

It struck a chord with me and may help someone else to understand about accepting the feelings/symptoms of anxiety.
julie x

Believe
06-11-07, 12:15
WOW , Well said there Meg. Thanks Julie for being that back to the post.

Take Care
Believe
I Believe That We All Will Get Better!

clickaway
06-11-07, 14:07
Today may be Tuesday, Today may be crap.

But I know it only lasts 24 hours and Wednesday could be different. If it isn't, so what as I have total hope that the sun will come out eventually.

It takes a long time to accept it - I have had this nearly 4 years and only this year have I accepted it more. I still feel crap but have no reason to go to the GP anymore on a regular basis as I understand my symptoms now, and they are much more stable.

Meg is a wise woman.

:hugs:

mirry
06-11-07, 17:52
funny i just wrote in another post that exceptance is the key maybe ,
really think it is true.

kittykat
07-11-07, 11:02
I agree with everything that's been said, we are who we are , if we can admit to that then we can get some understanding of our anxietys and start to get through them and hopefully acceptance will follow . This site has been a huge help in helping me understand more about myself, I think i would still be really struggling if it wasn't for all the great people ive spoken to on here, thanks all xx

boogie-woogie
07-01-08, 21:30
i totally agree acceptance is the key, once you have reached the stage of accepting you have a different view of any symptom and are able to deal with it in a more affective way, rather than being the anxiety.