PDA

View Full Version : Ear/Jaw/Throat pain. TMJ? Need some help

James402
02-02-21, 17:21
Hi Everyone.

Been a while since I posted on here. I'm in a bit of a hole at the moment. Since October I've been having ear and jaw pain. Sometimes it's more like ear fullness. I also have pains in my throat and neck area (same side) and generally it's very comfortable. I've been round the trips with the GP and the last one I saw was very good and checked my throat ears and my neck and shoulder area for lymph nodes etc and all was ok. She ordered a blood test just to check she wasn't missing anything and I assume it was all fine since it's been nearly 2 weeks and no word. She suggested doing excercises for TMJ which I have now started.

She also mentioned I probably have Globus sensation as my throat feels very uncomfortable atm. I just can't shake the fear. I've ran through lymphoma, throat cancer and some kind of inner ear cancer in my head. Although I know nothing about any of these really. Only they are very rare for someone my age 34 and I don't smoke. Any kind words would be much appreciated. It's really taking over my life atm.

Thanks Guys
Stay Safe.

NoraB
03-02-21, 07:38
Re your jaw pain...

Do you tense your jaw with anxiety? Only I do, and it's often only when I'm in pain with it that I realise I've been tensing my jaw.

She also mentioned I probably have Globus sensation as my throat feels very uncomfortable atm.

Also common with anxiety..

I just can't shake the fear. I've ran through lymphoma, throat cancer and some kind of inner ear cancer in my head.

Inner ear cancer? That's one I haven't had - despite having your symptoms plus many more. It's also incredibly rare.

ankietyjoe
03-02-21, 11:41
It's common to not even notice the jaw tension. It's incredibly common with anxiety/stress and can play havoc with the entire area.

Try clenching your fist for 5 minutes, and then see how your entire forearm feels afterwards. Then try clenching it for a week.......