PDA

View Full Version : Scared of lymph nodes read this

Angiee74
03-02-21, 05:20
Hello everyone,
This form has helped me a lot with my health anxiety. So I thought it was only fair if I shared my experience as well to help others. Back in March 2016 I found my first lymph node and it was a collar bone lymph node in my right side. Of course everything you read on Google is awful. I went to the Doctor Who right away sent me for lab work and a chest x-ray and told me it could be something bad such as lung cancer or lymphoma. Of course that’s where majority of my health anxiety started. I want to go to the chest x-ray of course thinking the worst as well as my lab work. Surprisingly everything came back normal. Fast forward to years later I find more lymph nodes in my armpits groin and neck. Of course right away I run to my new provider thinking it’s something awful which she reassured me but still sent me to do blood work . Everything came back normal ultrasound normal. So I decided to leave it alone but of course being the person I am from time to time I decide to think about it and request ultrasound and blood work for reassurance. I just recently had my Latest ultrasound and bloodwork which came back normal. No the only differences I decided to start going to counseling for my health anxiety after this many years and so many test I still can’t let it go I figured it was time to get help. My latest ultrasound showed that they were all under 1 cm some of them were a little bit over 1 cm but overall normal size I was just one of those persons that was able to feel my lymph nodes and I’m not thin so that goes to show that anybody can feel their lymph nodes. If this helps anyone then great because I know when I’m looking for reassurance it’s great to see other people post about their experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk